• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pics of the Rally Site!

Polarbear

Polarbear
Are we going to see these soon? Please! I trust the camping there will be abundant with grassy sites. Can we park our bikes at our site (on grass)? I know I've asked before,Rob, but I may well get there a day late and don't want to camp in overflow dirt,etc....I can make other arrangements, if this one fills up, as Ohio did! Thanks..Randy13233 PS; Sorry if these are already available. I can't find them.

Hey now,

Pics are coming. I took a bunch that were posted in another thread, they are pretty much forum quality but not really worthy of the web pages.

The site is close to 130 acres and there is plenty of green space for camping. Depending on where you camp you will be able to put your bike right next to your tent.

If you look at the link Brad posted the grass is burnt and looks brown in the photo. Zoom in and you will get a great idea of what the place is like.

Best,

Rob Nye

Rob Nye said:
Hey now,

Pics are coming. I took a bunch that were posted in another thread, they are pretty much forum quality but not really worthy of the web pages.

The site is close to 130 acres and there is plenty of green space for camping. Depending on where you camp you will be able to put your bike right next to your tent.

If you look at the link Brad posted the grass is burnt and looks brown in the photo. Zoom in and you will get a great idea of what the place is like.

Best,

Rob Nye

Rob, Are you going up in a balloon and take some pictures?
Click on image and scroll down.

Rob,
Whats with the Expo Center camping registration form for reservations I see ?

BradfordBenn said:
You can check it out at Google Maps According to the Rally Team there will be lots of camping space.

Hmmm. I notice that several of the surrounding residences have swimming pools. Who's up for a nice dip if the weather gets hot? :thumb

COOL Shot!

JD comes up with winner here! Satelite, hey? Can't quite read the license plates, but good anyhow. Thanks. Randy13233. Lets see now, where to camp?

pics

zzkvsl said:
dont see a lot of shade in that pic

It's a fairgrounds, not a national forest. :laugh

There are some shaded areas to camp, but they might not be right where you want them to be. It's the typical conundrum of utilizing a fairgrounds large enough to deal with a camping crowd of our size.

Solution, bring your own shade; parawing, tent vestibule, tarp, etc.

Friedle

VERMONT, It's Not Flat

RV question

I know it's a bike rally, not a trailer or rv one, but old age and health limits whether or I can attend. The question is will there be a map sent out with the camping registration permit showing how to get to the rv area and does any one know the assignment of spaces method? First arrival or what.
Many thanks for all the work.

trackerjohn said:
I know it's a bike rally, not a trailer or rv one, but old age and health limits whether or I can attend. The question is will there be a map sent out with the camping registration permit showing how to get to the rv area and does any one know the assignment of spaces method? First arrival or what.
Many thanks for all the work.

There are no maps being sent out with the rally registration that I know of. Finding the RV gate once you arrive should be pretty straight forward so I wouldn't worry about it. You can reserve an RV site by going to this link:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally06/rv.htm download & print out a form, mail it in with payment. If you have any problems PM or email me & I'll help you out.

Map the territory

Friedle said:
It's a fairgrounds, not a national forest. :laugh

There are some shaded areas to camp, but they might not be right where you want them to be. It's the typical conundrum of utilizing a fairgrounds large enough to deal with a camping crowd of our size.

Solution, bring your own shade; parawing, tent vestibule, tarp, etc.

Friedle

VERMONT, It's Not Flat

Send out a simple schematic indicating the location of loud, quiet, 'bago, and shaded (if any) areas. Show locations of showers and heads. This is simple. I don't need any more balloon shots from someone playing with his new digital toy. Just do it. We know what to bring.

Unregistered said:
Send out a simple schematic indicating the location of loud, quiet, 'bago, and shaded (if any) areas. Show locations of showers and heads. This is simple. I don't need any more balloon shots from someone playing with his new digital toy. Just do it. We know what to bring.

:brow

Unregistered said:

um...you're welcome...

Unregistered said:
oh boy...

:lurk

Back