• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pics of the Rally Site!

GOOD WORK, Kudo's to VTPaul!

Well, thanks for the effort from the local guy, I say...Hope you can figure this out, as I'm not a computer guru, but trying! Somebody kick in some more tips for getting these pics up here. Mr Paul may have the juice already, BUT? Thanks again, Randy13233........We're getting somehwhere now. :thumb

take a look...

Hey, you California dudes is smart!

Go to www.flickr.com and look for album titled: BMWMOA Rally Site

A couple of observations...I think we may have a problem with a few of the "RULES" :laugh

There is not a lot of shade except maybe around the fringes, but aren't you out riding during the day anyway?

The area outside the fence has everything you will need within walking distance, two shopping centers and fast food. Harley dealer a chains throw away too! Even a jiffy lube if the oil change area is not set up yet.

I'm going to post some Vermont scenery on that flickr site, pictures I took after the visit to the grounds, look for something titled "Vermont ride"

See you there! :usa

How about this for a some sweet camping space?

170938051_aeafa9c4d9_o.jpg

I can almost hear the bikes and see them lined up here.

170930349_4ec9b6f60b_o.jpg

Hey Paul, to link these, I clicked on teh photo and then on the "All sizes" button. I picked the size I liked, then right clicked on the image itself and selected "copy image location".

Coming back over here, I clicked the little yellow button and pasted the location right in. It sounds complicated, but it's really pretty easy. If you hit "Quote" on this post, you can see how the web address of the picture is between the two IMG markers. :thumb

Thanks for taking those! Last time I saw the site, it was cold and pouring rain!

KBasa said:
How about this for a some sweet camping space?

170938051_aeafa9c4d9_o.jpg
That photo is of the "MALL" already designated as a "picnic area and gathering spot". All the other photos show acres of grass and NO trees.

Tell me it ain't so???? :(

skiziks said:
That photo is of the "MALL" already designated as a "picnic area and gathering spot". All the other photos show acres of grass and NO trees.

Tell me it ain't so???? :(

There are other trees scattered around but not many. If camping is allowed everywhere, like I've seen at previous rallies, you can find shade if you get here early. Then again, this is Vermont and excessive sunshine has not historically been a problem. :laugh

There is a lot of indoor area also, some of it airconditioned where you can hide from the harsh Vermont summer heat. I gotta say, I wouldn't worry about too much sun, with the rain we've been having lately you may find yourself wishing for sun.

The temperature varies quite a bit between day and night, if it is hot in the day, it will be great at night to listen to the entertainment and partake in liquid refreshment! :buds

vtpaul said:
There are other trees scattered around but not many. If camping is allowed everywhere, like I've seen at previous rallies, you can find shade if you get here early. Then again, this is Vermont and excessive sunshine has not historically been a problem. :laugh

There is a lot of indoor area also, some of it airconditioned where you can hide from the harsh Vermont summer heat. I gotta say, I wouldn't worry about too much sun, with the rain we've been having lately you may find yourself wishing for sun.

The temperature varies quite a bit between day and night, if it is hot in the day, it will be great at night to listen to the entertainment and partake in liquid refreshment! :buds

Sunscreen is a must!
For years, the third week of July has been our "family vacation time" and historicaly, there has been great weather. I'm looking forward to having a great time in the sun meeting and greeting riders from all over.
As mentioned in threads before, there are plenty of swimming holes all over the state. Just ride with your swim suit on under you gear. OR, find one of the suit optional spots.

Back