• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Montana bound...hints?

After Chief Joseph in June, I'm headed to western Montana to meet a group for a week of riding. Plan to ride Beartooth between Billings and Yellowstone, need a few more suggestions. Maybe head to Glacier Park area?
Campsites with showers
Cheap comfortable motels
Mom + Pop diners
Roads, roads, roads

Thanks for the help

Take Hwy 12 from the Columbia River Gorge, go over Lolo Pass, but lunch at Lochsa Lodge, near the Powell ID forest campground.

Take Hwy 93 North to Hwy 40, then to Hwy 2 East (thereby avoiding downtown Kalispell, yuch).

Hwy 12 continues past Helena but it utilizes I-90 for a bit, until Garrison cutoff and that's okay, that stretch of I-90 is great. Take Hwy 12 into Townsend and stay at White Sulfur Springs, use the hot pools.

Ride Pintler scenic route Hwy 1 and stay at Fairmont Hot Springs, use the hot pools.

Ride the Wisdom - Big Hole area and stay at Jackson Hot Springs Hotel.

I'd rank Kiowa cutoff among the top 5 motorcycle rides in Montana, and that's a tough field to rank.

Back