• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who from N,Idaho is doing the all three rally's

U

Unregistered

I live just east of CDA, and am looking at doing the three rallies in three weekends, who all from this area is going.

Thanks
Bret

POA Tour!!! and all points in between

Bret, I'm coming from Western Washington and plan to be in Boise on the 6th or 7th and then jumping all over the states between each subsequent rally and then riding back home through Canada.

How lost do you want to get?

Doc

Lost is my middle name

I am looking to see just how many from this area around me are going to do the whole 3000 trip rally, I really would like to get that pin for attending all three rally's.

I have only been riding my 1150 rt for a year now, and dont know to many from my area who are going.

I am part of the Inland Northwester bmw group, I will find out the next meeting how many from my group will be going.

Very good possibility here,too

Central CA.rider and I have the time off to do it! I am definately headed to Vermont, but no itinerary set. I've been talking to myself a lot about crossing Canada, heading east. I'll be riding R100/7 or my newer KLT. Undecided which bike I prefer for this one. Vintage or new? I've been riding the KLT too much, the last couple years and need a change perhaps.

POA Tour!!! and all points in between

OK, this may be initial planning and there are no time/distance requirements to make each day, and I may get lost once in a while and make a 'left-turn' but here is a glimps of 4680 miles between my house and Essex Junction, VT.

68967749-M.jpg

Highlights, are Hell's Canyon, BMW RA Rally, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, TOR Rally, Pikes Peak, Graceland, BRP, and Skyline DR. and then up to BMW MOA Rally.

POA riders' meeting at the RA Rally?

As one of the 'RA Rally Co-Chairs and coordinator for the POA I couple of questions for you all:

1. Would you guys like to have a "POA Tour Riders's Meeting" at the RA Rally in Boise? Something informal just to get to know each other and maybe hook up for possibly riding together? Pick a time/location and I can add it to the events schedule for Boise.

2. We are printing 100 POA t-shirts. This will have the POA logo large on the back, with the rally name on the front left breast, and the 'MOA and 'RA will be identified each on a sleeve. My question is, how many of you think you would want to buy such a shirt? I'm trying to gage demand.

Thanks.

SFDOC said:
OK, this may be initial planning and there are no time/distance requirements to make each day, and I may get lost once in a while and make a 'left-turn' but here is a glimps of 4680 miles between my house and Essex Junction, VT.

68967749-M.jpg

Highlights, are Hell's Canyon, BMW RA Rally, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, TOR Rally, Pikes Peak, Graceland, BRP, and Skyline DR. and then up to BMW MOA Rally.

Me and a buddy are leaving from Seattle area on the 6th; we're heading due east to Lewiston where we'll grab a hotel Thursday night then head down along the east side of Hells Canyon to Boise. Sunday we'll be heading down to Colorado but we're heading back to Seattle area on Thursday or Friday. Most likely down through Southern Utah; across Nevada; then on to the coast of California and then northward back to Seattle.

be glad to hook up with anyone along the way

I'm comming out from the flatlands of Fl. to be a peaker. They also have a forum on the BMWRA site that is geared to the SPUDS, SUDS, and ICE CREAM tour

robdogg,

Sounds sorta like where and when I'm going. My plan is to go east on 7 to 12 over to Yakima and then here and there slab and off again to Lewiston. Depending on the time of day, stop or continue into the Park and camp. Nothing is yet in 'stone' but I'm planning to leave the house on the 6th and arrive in Boise on the evening of the 7th.

We should get it together on PM as the time draws nearer. :thumb

If that doesn't happen, look for a 'Loaded' two-up 'Blue and White' R1150GSA with silver/grey jesse bags, that would be me.

Oh yeah check out this web site Hell's Canyon

Doc

GregFeeler said:
As one of the 'RA Rally Co-Chairs and coordinator for the POA I couple of questions for you all:

1. Would you guys like to have a "POA Tour Riders's Meeting" at the RA Rally in Boise? Something informal just to get to know each other and maybe hook up for possibly riding together? Pick a time/location and I can add it to the events schedule for Boise.

2. We are printing 100 POA t-shirts. This will have the POA logo large on the back, with the rally name on the front left breast, and the 'MOA and 'RA will be identified each on a sleeve. My question is, how many of you think you would want to buy such a shirt? I'm trying to gage demand.

Thanks.

I'd be interested in at least two (one small and one large).

Ohh yeah, rider's meeting, that sounds like a good idea, too Saturday Night around 6:00 to 8:00 PM ??? :dunno

Greg,

Two in x-large please.
Riders get together sounds good.

Motard

I'm in for a shirt even more so if it was made from one of the new performance (wicking) materials

Motard said:
Good point

Motard

I love those kinds of shirts - BUT they are seriously expensive, and all the more so with all the complicated graphics (colors and details) required by the POA logo. IF we do the wicking shirts they will likely run $28~30. It would be beautiful - but my concern is that would be too steep for some folks. OTOH, a quality cotton t-shirt would be closer to 20 bux - maybe under.

The shirt will have the POA logo on the back, with text on the front, and then either "BMW MOA" and "BMW RA" running down the sleeves (on a long sleeve shirt), or the 'MOA logo on one sleeve and the 'RA logo on the other of a short sleeve shirt. So, IMHO, they will be very vivid and distinctive. Given that - who would go for 28 to 30 bux in the wicking material vs the cheaper cotton or cotton blend?

Attachments

• peaksofamerica_small.jpg
    peaksofamerica_small.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 22
I'm good with either, but guess I would lean towards a Cotton/Blend 'Mock' Turtle-Neck Long Sleeve in Black (The Fast One). But then again a simple white or blue T-Shirt short-sleeve will do fine, for the collection... :brow

Could you replace the RT with a GS, Thanks. :stick

Doc

SFDOC said:
I'm good with either, but guess I would lean towards a Cotton/Blend 'Mock' Turtle-Neck Long Sleeve in Black (The Fast One). But then again a simple white or blue T-Shirt short-sleeve will do fine, for the collection... :brow

I'm thinking of this as collector's shirts in some sense. First time ever the 'MOA and 'RA have cooperated on any event, much less had their names on it. :beer

Could you replace the RT with a GS, Thanks. :stick

Doc

Oh sure - what color GS? :laugh

GregFeeler said:
I love those kinds of shirts - BUT they are seriously expensive, and all the more so with all the complicated graphics (colors and details) required by the POA logo. IF we do the wicking shirts they will likely run $28~30. It would be beautiful - but my concern is that would be too steep for some folks. OTOH, a quality cotton t-shirt would be closer to 20 bux - maybe under.

The shirt will have the POA logo on the back, with text on the front, and then either "BMW MOA" and "BMW RA" running down the sleeves (on a long sleeve shirt), or the 'MOA logo on one sleeve and the 'RA logo on the other of a short sleeve shirt. So, IMHO, they will be very vivid and distinctive. Given that - who would go for 28 to 30 bux in the wicking material vs the cheaper cotton or cotton blend?

Greg,

I think that the expensive shirt would be a mistake for a rally general admission shirt. OTOH The guys doing the Tour are spending a fair piece of change to do so. If I spend another $10/15 for a top quality shirt, it seems like a good deal. My biggest gripe with lessor shirts is that after a few washings, they become size large, then size medium. Maybe I wash my cloths too often?
I have no idea how many are actually doing the Tour, do preorders make sense for participants? I'm sure that all you need at this point is another project!!

Motard

Back