• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

da Yooper Guy

Robert Briere

Another great get together ride, the Slimy Crud Ride. This time I hope to meet Peter Egan. I seen him onetime somewhere, but some guy was talking tech talk to him and I couldn't get a word in. :wave He doesn't know me, but the connection is the 84 R100RS he bought from Mischler's. I would like to share some stories with him about my favorite motorcycle. Bill never did tell me who bought it, but one day Jim Klas "Santa" ask me if I read the story by Peter Egan about my old beemer in the Dec 1990 Cycle world issue. One part of the story that I took alot of ribbing was where he said, "Waitress, more coffee! I've got to ride!" I never knew who Peter Egan was, but I know now. I read all the stories on the 84 RS plus I still read every issue on what Egan has to said. He doesn't have the RS anymore, but if he did, I still have a folder about a 1/4 thick about the RS that I was going to give him. About the clutch, Bill knew it was slipping. The only reason for that clutch slipping was the slow races in the field events. If it wasn't a first place it was a second. We did about 13 to 14 rallys every year and always got in the field events. I was going to keep the 84 because I didn't think I was going to like the K100RS, but it grew on me and I gave the 84 to Mischler's to sell for me. The K100RS had 98 or 99 thousand when I traded it for a 2003 K1200GT and that has 45,000 on it now. The Slimy Crud , here we come

Back