• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Out for a Three Hour Tour

PacWestGS

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES
Last month my 'Best Friend' (of 16-continuos years in the military and into retirement) and his wife and I took a three hour tour (fun ride). Not anywhere interesting but just a day out. Since his XR650L was still laid up with an engine rebuild and I happen to have an extra (Buddy Bike) I said let's go for a quick ride. I didn't have his pictures until a couple days ago, but having them now seemed like a thread in 'Ride Reports'.

Just local back-roads, but we had a great time and sure enjoyed sharing my new bike with him and his wife.

The wife and both bikes in a park
67729102-M.jpg

Two of my Beemers (the other one has four-wheels)
62688074-M.jpg

Me on the 'Pig' (Nothing Behind, Life is In-Front)
67729096-M.jpg

Life Moves Ahead and down the road
67729099-M.jpg

Life catches up pretty fast, (yeah that's at about 50-mph, look Mom ((In the mirror)), No Hands, ThrottleMiester :thumb )
62688081-M.jpg

Life gets away again
62688083-M.jpg

Life stops every now and then for a Mountain (Rainier)
62688088-M.jpg

and then moves back again
62688092-M.jpg

Sometimes it's way out in front
62688078-M.jpg

and sometimes it's looking back at ya'
62688075-M.jpg

We had a great time, lots of fun and cool stories after it was over. A one-hundred twenty mile trip that will last a life time. :wave

Thanks for coming along. :lurk

Doc

Cool shots, Doc. For a "nothing" ride, it looks like a darned nice day.

SFDOC said:

I'm no judge, but consider this shot for a Picture of the Week submission. It's interesting on several different levels. . . .

Brad, I didn't say 'nothing', I said nowhere 'interesting' just out for 'fun'.

And that we did have :thumb

Thanks for nice words on the pictures, the two of me on the 'Pig' and the one of my frined's wife and me standing by the bikes were 4x6 prints I scanned in. I always like 'action' shots and riding is definately action.

Doc

Holy Crap

You even color coordinate your bikes! You probably have a subscription to GQ. I'll bet (but don't want to know) that your underwear even matches. :laugh

I am so color mismatched on my bikes and gear that it isn't funny. :dance

Well, actually the Dakar only comes in one (two-tone) color, blue. :brow

But I do happen to have allot of blue vehicles :p

Hey, if it helps you out my 330ci is Dark Metalic Gray (The Fast One)

No, I don't have nor read GQ, what is that??? :stick

Doc

In the ultimate irony today when I was getting on the new to me VFR, it happens to match the helmet, the stich... some times you get what you like.

Doc I really do see why I moved to Oregon looking at your pics. I've been in New Employee Orientation & training for the past two weeks but have a solid week off to start riding in my area. I will not leave the house without my camera because I want to share my adventures with all. Thanks for a preview.

Back