• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Yosemite Ride Report Photos

burnszilla

My fraternity brother, Trevor from outside of Toronto was visiting us so we took him to Yosemite National Park. Our neighbors, Claudio and Kim wanted to join us too, so that added up to 5 people in one vehicle or take two cars or, wait a minute, one car and one motorcycle! I was happy to ride alone, now that I have entered myself into the Mileage Contest for the first time.

We usually take the 580 to Hwy 120 into the park. But Claudio recommended taking Hwy 152, 59, 140 through Merced into the El Portal entrance. It's nine miles longer from our house, but it's quicker with less traffic and it's less stressful. The sweepers along the Merced River were awesome. As I rode up the foothills towards Mariposa, it started to rain. To prevent 'stich-crotch I wore my BMW rain coat over my suit. Saturday we walked from Curry Village to the Ahwannee Lodge for a scotch and headed back to CV for the buffet dinner. No tri-tip this time. Sunday morning after breakfast we hiked up to Mirror Lake and back.

On the way home we stopped in Mariposa at my new favorite restaurant there, Happy Burger. Large menu, fast service, clean washrooms. It was raining from the park all the way to Merced, but I was loving it. The foothills were greener than ever. I avoided Hwy 85 on the way back and rode the curvy Uvas Road into Los Gatos. I just love Uvas Road! I like saying it too. Sounds like a female body part.

Stopped along Hwy 152/Pacheco Pass. San Luis Resevoir.
134322400_61dc5aa115.jpg

Merced River
134322506_388ca71f43.jpg

Just after the park entrance.
134322714_d7b33389df.jpg

Falls...
134323205_b990bff120.jpg

Hey good lookin!
134323740_56cf09a1ba.jpg

Trevor at our cabin.
134326108_0caaec9f56.jpg

Please name this moss Bob_M:
134326638_6630d060f3.jpg

Sunday morning we hiked up to Mirror Lake..
134327034_c0be3acf54.jpg

134326707_caabf3d9d4.jpg

Half Dome..
134327206_ed51450cd7.jpg

The ride home. Of the beaten path NE of Los Banos.
134327545_0a40a7da1b.jpg

Burnszilla, the Crazy Canuck...
134327864_cb1604fe1a.jpg

More Trip Photos Here

Last edited:
Great ride report, BZ. Succinct, easy to read, excellent photographs. Everything one wants in a good ride report.

This is a picture of the week:
Burnszilla said:

This, a sentimental favorite:
Burnszilla said:

Thanks for the ride! :wave

I'm just below the Park.

A short hike to Clovis foothills. Come on over and we'll ride to Cedar Grove in Kings CanyonNP, for another great road trip! I live about half way between the two famed NP's. Sequoia/Yesemite. I'm out in the foothills, so backroading prevails here. Your slide show was nice, thanx. KLT/R100 Randy13233. I even have camping at my abode available. Nice grass this time of year. Horses love it, too! My other rides.....

Very, very nice!

Looks like another banner year for the falls too :thumb

I Know, I know

Burnszilla said:
Sorry, I meant... Bob_M can you please identify this moss for us. :)

I was trying to cleverly avoid the question. Understand that being a landscape architect does not require moss identification as a necessary skill set. I am pretty good with vascular plants, but mosses.........no. However I google but this really told me that there are more than 10,000 mosses and that the stalk is not part of the moss, but a parasitic reproductive apendage! I do however know people who know people and the reply is as follows: Good photo. The capsules look like Tetraphis pelucida, but the bases less so. Where was it found? Substrate?
I agree, good photography, and it looked like a fine ride. :D I will reply that the substrate is granite and let that dog run.

Back