• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Self service "oil change" at Rally?

Polarbear

Polarbear
There does not seem to be a chairperson for this activity as yet. I've used this self serve booth at many rallies, as I come from afar! Anybody local over thar in Vermont help'in out with this activity. Please! I can volunteer if needed, but have little ability to dispose the used oil. This probably requires somebody with truck, etc. and a connection from nearby for oil disposal. I have mechanical experience, as a volunteer, if needed. This has usually been a self serve event, however, with booth supplying funnels, pans, rags,etc. and an oil dump.

Greetings,

There will be oil change at the rally and it will be free.

It looks like the area may be sponsored (materials provided but not oil and filters) with any funds raised by this activity going to the official rally charity.

If someone would like to chair this committee with the understanding that 100% of any funds offered by the users is donated to the official charity please send me a PM.

If you take a look at the committee chair list and see blanks it does not mean this activity will not take place. It does mean that we are looking for the right person to be a chair of said committee.

Best,

Oil change

Frank Weimer here in Chicago tells me he has tried to contact Rob Nye several times but has not had any response to his offer to chair this, on behalf of the Chi-Tech crew. These Chicago boys have staffed and helped out a whole bunch of people with oil changes and minor (and a few major) problems over recent years at Midland/Oregon/Charleston/Spokane/Lima. So if you're reading this Rob, could you please contact Frank?

YES, seems to be the answer!

I have made some initial contact with Rob Nye and the oil change issue seems to be in the works, but not quite figure out(Chairperson)! The Chicago group seems promising. I'm gonna carry several of those "Aerostitch" oil slicks around with me and get some of you funny guys and gals. Hehehehe. Just kidding! :drink

Buying Oil and Filters at the Rally

I was wondering if anyone will be selling bmw synth oil and filters at the rally?

I am not interested in carrying that for a month before I get to vermont.

Howard

Order your oil from Franks before the rally

raven said:
The Local BMW Dealer is just up the road, why not plan on making your purchase there. Franks Motorcycle Sales has been around Vermont for quite some time. Yup, no question this is a plug for Frank's...Lester and Jeanette are good people and often give thier support good , worthwhile local charities.

They are great people and their phone number is (802) 878-3930. I'd call ahead just to be sure they have enough on hand.

From the past couple Nationals, people came expecting to be able to score great deals on oil, then were disappointed when there was hardly any on the rally site. In Lima, even the WalMart next door was running out. Plan ahead.

(shameless plug for Frank's)

Ditto that, I've been known to travel to Frank's for service, even bought my roadster there.
I always stop when I'm in the area. Lester and Jeannette let me use the restroom!

they way I understand it, last time I was in Franks, they will be on site. I can check next time I stop in...i'm kinda close :thumb

Howard, package up the neccessary oil and filter, and ship it to the fairgrounds there at the site...with your name on it of course. :thumb

Back