• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!

pbbeck said:
I just signed up. I'm a noob. I'm scared. :bolt

I'm riding my RT from Long Beach, CA to Boston, then ferrying to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and approaching Vermont from the north. It's going to be one heck of a summer!
:bolt

no need to be scared!!! you will have had the most intense ride to the rally, we will crown you champion of the beer garden!!!!!!!

....Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands......
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

Susan and I will be there - after Cabot Trail, that is.

driving_bike.gif
hearts.gif

CABNFVR said:
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

Susan and I will be there - after Cabot Trail, that is.

driving_bike.gif
hearts.gif

I love Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail! You staying there at the Silver Dart, as shown in your link? It is fine, and so is the restaurant there.

There is a national park at the north end that is nice, and I always tray to stay up toward the north end of things. Whenever I go to the Cabot Trail, I ALWAYS go to Cheticamp and eat dinner at The Harbor restaurant. Not fancy, but a wonderful place on the edge of a west facing cliff overlooking the water. Beautiful at sunset. And, the food is an outstanding value there. Some of what they sell will have been caught locally the day you eat it. Tough to beat that. :thumb

Emoto said:
..... staying there at the Silver Dart.......... go to Cheticamp and eat dinner at The Harbor restaurant. Not fancy, but a wonderful place on the edge of a west facing cliff overlooking the water. Beautiful at sunset. ..........
Silver Dart Mon-Tue prior to Rally. :thumb

Looks like a Tuesday evening dinner at The Harbor for sure. :eat :eat
(besides,I get to add it to my new GPS toy. Not that I can't find Cheticamp, but ....)

Thanks for the tip. Maybe a few others will travel to Vermont this way.

Tim

CABNFVR said:
Silver Dart Mon-Tue prior to Rally. :thumb

Looks like a Tuesday evening dinner at The Harbor for sure. :eat :eat
(besides,I get to add it to my new GPS toy. Not that I can't find Cheticamp, but ....)

Thanks for the tip. Maybe a few others will travel to Vermont this way.

Tim

IIRC, the Silver Dart has an all-you-can-eat buffet as well. So there's Monday night! :eat

Check out the Alexander Graham Bell museum while you're in that neighborhood, if you have time.

Bob

Vermont 06 Rally

Ramona and I are both in for 06 and booking for 07! :buds :usa

I'll be leading a contingent of Gonzos up from the Southland to beautiful Vermont! :buds

This will be my 17th National! Do you get the impression that I like these gatherings? :dance

Last edited:
I will be there with my beautiful girlfriend. We will be hanging with the Sherpa in order to have more space for those things that keep my girlfriend beautiful!

Ride Safe

Rick G

After everything that's happened over the last couple weeks, (namely the untimely passing of Garth) I'm chosing to 'Live' just a little extra this summer.

I dropped a leave request today at work for 136-hours of leave, or roughly 3 1/2 weeks.

I'll be in Vermont, I'll also be in Idaho, Colorado and all kinds of places in between. Then I'm going to Halifax and bustin' a big one to get back to Seattle through Canada.

I hope to see many of you along the way. I can't say that I'll be a good 'partner' along the way, the Mrs's is going along (as of now) and we are going to Zig and Zag our way between each of the rallies. She may ride the train some, or not, she may fly home, or not. We will probably get to 'Ol Miss and turn south along the GRR down to Graceland, TN and then over to Tellico Plains and up the BRP, or we may just point and shoot our way from here to there without a plan.

We'll camp, hotel it, and if need be take some of you up on the Anon book hospitality.

It would be great if any other Westcoaster's want to ride along, some, parts or the whole way.

This tour is not only something that (we) have wanted to do, but something that I want to do now more than ever. It's going to be dedicated 'In Memory of YB in IN' so look for what ever I can find to affix to my bike. Probably a tail rack flag (Ensign) or something on the panniers.

We'll see you all in Vermont and along the way. :buds

"Here's to Drinking the Good Drink" :drink

Doc

We're in

My Son on his F650 (18 yrs old) and I will definately be in Vermont for '06 and a good possibility for Wisconsin in '07. This will be his first National to ride solo and we've got a 9000 mi. route planned from Whidbey Island Wa. This is going to be a great venue! Any other NW riders going?

Mark
Beamerbaker
'00 R1150 GS
Whidbey Island, Wa

My Hand is up.

I have plans to make it to the National this year. I have been on the sidelines for a few years but have just joined BMWMOA and am ready to ride. Living in Lincoln, Nebraska, I'm a flatlander. It always seems to take a days travel to get to some quality riding. The ride to Vermont will be one of my lifes greatest adventures. My wife and I went to "Top of the Rookies" in Paonia, CO last year, my first time in the mountains on the RT where I found the true
potential of this machine. What a Blast!
R 1100RT

I plan to be there

I'm planning to ride up on the 20th from NJ and camp at the rally site. First rally for me.
Gregg
'03 F650GS Dakar

dancogan said:
We're (Geri and me) in. We'll be in the RV area. except for when we're enjoying the not-flat places!

Dan - you and Geri were so nice at the RUT - we should do you a favor and have a party at the RV :clap

We're in - I told my new job BEFORE I started that I was already committed to a "Thing" in July - So I'm definitely in!!! Jim too!!

Good luck with the Moto's - if you need any help - Jim is an ACE of a Tech guy!!

Ride Safe!

Tina

I'll be leaving KY on Wed, I think that's when. Running up to Rochester NY about 750 miles +/- a few. Trying to make some time. Looks like a solo run for me as my two other riding partners don't have what it take for that....hope I still do. Marathon run there, but taking my time returning as I haven't been up that far North and want to experience a nd see the country side.
Looking forward to it :german

Looking forward to it!! Going up and around......Not going through Chicago. The last trip to Grand Rapids, MI was a nightmare. tolls, construction, potholes. You'd think with all that money, there'd be great roads (not!)

Last edited:
k75karol said:
Looking forward to it!! Going up and around......Not going through Chicago. The last trip to Grand Rapids, MI was a nightmare. tolls, construction, potholes. You'd think with all that money, there'd be great roads (not!)

Karol, why not take the scenic route through Paonia?

DarkCloud said:
Karol, why not take the scenic route through Paonia?
That would be cool. I did exactly that on the way to Lima :D

don't know if I have enough vacation days this year.

Back