• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Spring... June 4th 2011

B

Bruce_H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Spring... June 4th 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having gotten my Dakar ready to ride all I needed was a break in the weather. There have been a few rides around home, most involving rain, what I wanted was some sun... This weekend was forecast for just that. Lyn had a few days of vacation and I wouldn't be missed at work. It looked like the best and warmest would be in the Columbia River Gorge. High eighty's both Friday and Saturday, so nice!

There are so many places in these canyons to ride, a favorite place for sure. We stayed on the Washington side for most of a day covering from Stevenson and up the hill to Klickitat then east to Bickelton and down to the river at Roosevelt. Exploring the side canyons off the beaten path and roads less traveled. The next day we explored Oregon, from the river to Tygh Valley across Sheers Bridge and up the hill to Grass Valley. Here it was race day at the track, Oregon Raceway Park, this time it was motorcycles. We didn't have a long lens so there aren't any photos but it was fun to watch.

Friday morning we awoke to beautiful blue skies in The Dalles...

06_04_20110061.jpg

Lyn, stopping along the river...

06_04_20111562.jpg

on top of the world...

06_04_20112342.jpg

school must be out...

06_04_20112162.jpg

after breakfast we went looking for something to shoot...

06_04_20110361.jpg

somebody already shot these?...

06_04_20110161.jpg

a few flowers...

06_04_20110681.jpg

a favorite...

06_04_20110571.jpg

church in the wildwood...

06_04_20112461.jpg

lonely road, nice!...

06_04_20111441.jpg

Rice Elevator, 1916...

06_04_20112102.jpg

don't know where they went? just left it along the road...

06_04_20112591.jpg

Thanks for riding along, Bruce & Lyn...

The black and white photos are great!

I really like Oregon....except for the time my GSA was stolen a 1/3 of the way into a 3 month adventure (later to be found a block away from where it was stolen).

Back