• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Xl water proof duffel

I've been using an Ortlieb Rack-Pack bag for years.

For some reason, Aerostich doesn't stock the XL size, but BestRest does:
http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-117-ortlieb-waterproof-rack-pack.aspx

BestRest price is for an XL is currently $86, so it's a little more than you were planning on, but not too bad. DON'T see his "list price" of $105 and get confused! BestRest had a killer deal on the Rack-Pack bags at the MOA Rally in Redmond, OR last year. I think I paid something like $65 for my "spare" XL Ortlieb during the sale!:whistle

My XL Ortlieb holds my custom Wiggy's sleeping bag (42"X92") in a compression sack, my ThermaRest (30 X 77 X 2.5") rolled up, rain liners for my Motoport gear, a size 3XLT fleece jacket, etc. My point is that this bag will hold a LOT of stuff. Probably more stuff than a lot of folks take. I lost 1/2 a Jesse bag's capacity to my CPAP, so I now have to pack a little more on top.

I've been using my current yellow Ortlieb for years, with no apparent signs of wear. Pretty much like new, except kind of a black color on the bottom from rubbing on my BestRest tool plate as I stroll about the country on my GS!:usa

Boat Bags

They are available at Bass Pro or Cabela's quite cheap and are very H2o proof! I have used them on the back of my GSA for years cause I hate the aluminum cases.

Ortlieb

Orlieb all the way.... love the top loading fact... used the roll down type sea bags for years, but what a pain to find anything in them. Orlieb never leaked on me!!

Back