• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Garmin Montana 600 series

LMIWA156120

Has anyone used one of the Garmin Montana series on a motorcycle?

I would need to use it as a general trip navigation device while traveling and also as a data display (time, distance, avg speed, etc.) while working as a motoref.

Since I will need to easily move it from motorcycle to motorcycle, will often have to run it without a power supply, and will use it in the rain, I am not considering the Zumo series. I already have a nuvi that is marginally functional for these purposes.

Any and all information specific to the Montana series would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Zumo 550 and a Montana 600. For a street bike I would not get a Montana. The zumo is much more user friendly for routing and route deviations. I like both units, but the Zumo is on my GSA most of the time. The Montana is on the GSA sometimes and the rest of the time on my dual sport.

Back