• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

From The Great White North

NoRthwind

New to the Club but have been reading the forums for a number of years. Current ride and only BMW is a 2009 R1200RT that I purchased new. The photo included was taken at Waterton, Lakes Alberta enroute to Whitefish, Montana.

Came from the dark side into the light after many years of touring the Pacific Northwest on Hondas and Harleys.

Attachments

• Beemer2.jpg
    Beemer2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 159
Welcome. Nice shot.

Now's a nice time to do the Waterton ride,

Last edited:
Welcome. Was the trip to Waterton a long tour or a shorter closer to home trip? It's always a favourite destination of ours too. :ca

"long tour or closer to home" Going to Whitefish was the first stop on a ride that continued to Salmon Id, McCall ID, Enterprise OR, Colville WA, Kalispell MT, then home to Calgary.

Good to see more Calgarians here. :dance I always see so many BMWs around but so few in the MOA and on the forum.

Welcome NoRTwind! Nice looking ride... unfortunately the Blue RTs are faster. :hide

Hope to see you on the road or very least when I renew your membership for you at the Calgary Motorcycle show.

New to the Club but have been reading the forums for a number of years. Current ride and only BMW is a 2009 R1200RT that I purchased new. The photo included was taken at Waterton, Lakes Alberta enroute to Whitefish, Montana.

Came from the dark side into the light after many years of touring the Pacific Northwest on Hondas and Harleys.

How did you come to get a BMW and what do you like about the RT?

I hear hondas are the best

AfricanamericanPickr,

Over the years I have owned a number of Harleys - Dyna Lowrider, Road King, two Ultras, with the exception of the Lowrider the Harleys were selected for riding two up.

As time passed at least half my riding proved to be solo so I went shopping for a sport tourer and the Honda ST1100 seemed a good choice. Although happy with the performance of the ST1100 the ergonomics of the bike were not a good fit for my body so I replaced it with an ST1300. No complaints with the ST1300 at all, great fit, good power, good ride, however, Honda doesn't make the ST any more and in Calgary, Honda has gone to a single Powerhouse for all Honda products save for automobiles.

As my visit to the Powerhouse was less than inspiring, in fact, considerably less, I reviewed my options and decided to replace the ST with an RT. So far so good, if that changes, the RT will gone and something else will come home.

So many bikes, so little time.

Back