• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fall River Mills Ride Report

cookie

Jeff
If you live in Northern California you know how lucky you are. My wife and I live in Paradise near Chico.
Saturday morning we took the 08 RT out ready for cool days with the possibility of showers. Our destination was Spinner Fall Lodge on the Fall River. This cozy little resort is way off the beaten path. It is a destination for fly fisherman looking for the elusive brown or brook trout. The lodge caters to fisherman and has a great restaurant and bar with a big deck out back with a view of the river.
Our route choice was up Hwy. 99 to Red Bluff, Hwy 36 to the Lassen Park turn-off (89).
Lassen Park is a great destination as well. We had lunch at the top of the mountain and climbed back on and rode out to our destination. This route takes you through Old Station, Hat Creek and you have a choice of highways that are great for motorcycles. We took 89/44 to the junction of Hwy.299, turned right to Fall River Mills.
The next morning it was raining lightly with a temp. in the high 40's. We bundled up and went to discover Burney Falls.
Burney Falls is about 7 miles North from the 299-89 junction.
We walked the trail, about 1.2 miles that circles the beautiful falls.
We rode home via 299 to Hwy. 5. Turned East in Corning through Woodsoburney falls1.JPGfalls2.jpgn Bridge State Park and back on 99.
This is our second trip to Spinner Falls Lodge on the bike and we will plan another trip up there next year, maybe in early summer.
Mt. Lassen has a few great day hikes like, Bumpas Hell and near Old Station the Spatter Cone State Park has a 2.2 mile hike that crosses the Pacific Crest Trail. Actually we crossed the trail at Burney Falls also.
Great Ride!

Yes NoCal is Beautiful

Jeff, good report. We keep talking about getting out and "exploring" the extended area around us but it never seems to happen. We mostly ride east on 70 and then come back 36. Pretty much fair weather weekday riders.

The wife and I keep our BMW's just a bit east of Paradise. We have a place up here in Concow, as you might have guessed by my "handle". I ride a 08 RT and the wife rides a 07 GS. They both can fit in the "garage" area of our Cyclone 3010 fifth weel toyhauler. We just returned from about 6 weeks up at Anacortes WA where we did some great rides. Went over the Deception Pass bridge a number of times while "exploring" Whidbey Island.

Maybe we should exchange info and see about going for a ride (flight of three) sometime.

Cheers

Dave & Dot Morris
Just a bit east of Paradise.

Back