• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where did everyone go?

drw2ge

BMW FanBoi
I'll jump in the fray.. Our club: New Sweden BMW Riders, has not one K1600. My club must be like Racer7's.. yet, I know of a bunch of K1600 owners (they were ALL previous Gold Wing riders) in this area.. and not one has shown any interest in joining the local BMW club. We did get one new member recently that was from the Gold Wing club but he moved to a GS Adventure.

Where's The 1600 Riders?

Still here! Just out riding. Crossed the 9,000 mile threshold this weekend on the odometer since I got the K1600GT 5.5 months ago. Making small changes to the bike. Givi 55l case on the back. Various pads for the drivers seat. Bluetooth gagets for the helmet (Cardo Scala G9). I've decided that a 2 x 4 would be more comfortable than this friggin GT seat. I've had BMW's since 1973 and I've never had a stock seat that I've liked on these bikes. But, there's plenty of aftermarket stuff out there and I guess it's time to find a good one. I should take the seat off my Electraglide and put on there. It's good for at least 12 hours a day in the saddle.

Anyway, still here. Riding, doing my own PM's on the bike, just not hitting the forum as much. By the way, any K1600 folks out there having any issues with shifting up to 2nd gear? Such as, not going into 2nd gear at times, getting stuck in neutral on the 1st to 2nd shift.

I think most of the K1600 owners are on the K1600 forum airing out their dirty wash. Some are having issues that aren't being dealt with by BMW and others claim they have no issues and are out riding. Then there's the group in the middle sitting on the fence I guess. Pretty typical stuff if you have owned a new model BMW lately.

Rick H.

Is there a reason, you have to constantly voice feedback about your new bike? Maybe you are happy and there is nothing to report??
Most of the other sections live off the posts from people who have some kind of problem or ask for advice. Sure enough,t here are more Airhead owners out there who need help and seek support in a forum than K1600 owners.
Last Sunday, at the Open House at BMW Cleveland, there were only two K16s.

I think most of the K1600 owners are on the K1600 forum airing out their dirty wash. Some are having issues that aren't being dealt with by BMW and others claim they have no issues and are out riding. Then there's the group in the middle sitting on the fence I guess. Pretty typical stuff if you have owned a new model BMW lately.

Rick H.

http://www.k1600forum.com/ I believe Rick's right, most of us are over at K1600 Forum.

I've been putting 1K+ on a month, since I got "Gisele" back from her killing of Ms. Bambi.

Fully trouble free miles on mein "Gisele" and I also now only hunt deer with my .308 rifle!

Still around myself but not so much online. It's riding weather and I've been out ridin' the snot out of mine. It's one amazing bike.

Wes

Back