• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2013 Rally Including current updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - it is really exciting to read the forum posts expressing enthusiasm or "wish I could make it" for a ride/trip to next year's MOA Rally in Salem, Oregon. The rally site is about 200 acres of flat ground with groves of trees and beautiful garden areas. Air conditioned buildings are available for commercial vendors, seminars, the MOA country store and other booths you find in the MOA building.

Salem is located in the Willamette (Will Am It) Valley which is a gorgeous area with numerous activities to enjoy when you aren't on the rally grounds.

Here is some basic information:

Dates are July 18 - 21, 2013

Salem location is the Oregon State Fair & Exposition Center

Rally Team is Deb Lower, Rally Chair, Co-Chairs Jackie Mulhern and Rick Nelson

Our contact email is rallychair2013@bmwmoa.org

Local planning information is available at www.travelsalem.com

We are looking forward to working with committee chairs, volunteers, MOA office staff, vendors, rally attendees and the good people in Salem to have a 2013 Rally that is a fun time. :groovy

Deb Lower
2013 Rally Chair

MODERATORS: Please use this post to create a new thread and a sticky.
Thank you,

Deb

Last edited:
So interested in beer choices in the Pacific Northwest where there are wonderful breweries. Rest assured the Beer Team under Mad Dog's leadership will come up with selections that will quench the thirst and lead to another.

I've placed a request for information on the availability of dorm rooms in the area. When we have details on their availablity it will be posted on the forum and put up on the website under lodging choices. This doesn't mean we will get any dorm rooms, but we are pursuing their availability.

Deb Lower
2013 Rally Chair

So members who use the forum are a subset of overall membership and their opinion really does not matter according to Bud. Your narrow thinking is just what reflects the fact that the board is going to do whatever they want regardless of what members think. Keep up not listening and see what happens when the membership keeps declining.

I thought that the membership was down from its high a few years ago.

What are the membership numbers for the last 10 years ?

looking forward to the 2013 Rally

I'm looking forward to the 2013 Rally! Already scheduled a couple weeks off from work (riding from Wisconsin). I had such a great time in Sedalia!

OUCH !!! Fiordman.
Where did this that come from???
I'm the National Beer Chair and as such, have been involved in "stuff" both in front of, and behind, the curtain.
I really think that the BoD cares about this club. We do NOT do this for personal aggrandisement.
I personally spend 7 days, 0900 to 0100 at the Beer Tent. And many hours after that wrapping up last year, and already working with the Chairs for next year.
Chill Dude
MAD DOG
NAT BEER CHAIR:drink

If membership declines because of a July rally date, how do you explain decades long growth of membership? Shouldn't the membership have declined rather than grown?

I will get them from the Ex Dir tomorrow and post them.
We are down from our high of a few years ago and I would suggest that with the deep recession that we are in, it is not surprising.

My point is that if it is down it could be the rally date as you suggested. :dunno

So members who use the forum are a subset of overall membership and their opinion really does not matter according to Bud. Your narrow thinking is just what reflects the fact that the board is going to do whatever they want regardless of what members think. Keep up not listening and see what happens when the membership keeps declining.

As I understand it, there will be 2 board vacancies for the next election.

Which one are you running for?

Observation

If you think that your opinion doesn't matter or isn't even heard, then you just might be mistaken.

Do you think that your opinion just might possibly be in the minority?

My experience has been that ALL opinions are taken seriously and that decisions are made with the majority opinions directing the organization.

Don't agree? Then run for the BoD and see what I'm talking about.

if you think that your opinion doesn't matter or isn't even heard, then you just might be mistaken.

Do you think that your opinion just might possibly be in the minority?

My experience has been that all opinions are taken seriously and that decisions are made with the majority opinions directing the organization.

Don't agree? Then run for the bod and see what i'm talking about.

+1

I'm curious to know how the BOD came to the decision to have the 2013 rally in Oregon after having it there only 2 years ago. Please don't get me wrong, I think Oregon is a wonderful choice and a great destination for all the beautiful roads they have winding through some awesome topography. However it has been my impression that the rally site ought to be moved around the country in a reasonably consistent manner. In the 6 or so years that I have been a member it has always been in the north, never in the south. (not that I would want it in the southern heat of July, no thanks. The northern heat of July is quite warm enough)

Wow, it only took 6 days to change from a Rally info thread in to a whinefest. :banghead

There's plenty of other threads for whining about the heat, the timing, the location, the Board or any other subject. Take it there! I'm interested in what's going to happen at the Rally!

I'm planning on being there. I'm planning on 1 volunteer shift a day. I'm planning on having a good time.

I don't care if it's hot, cold, dry, wet, too far away, too close to Redmond, too well attended, not as many attendees as ??, whatever. At least we have a Rally to plan for and attend. What would it be like if the Rally was discontinued?

Maybe it's time I bump my "Great Things about Rallys" thread.

Wow, it only took 6 days to change from a Rally info thread in to a whinefest. :banghead

There's plenty of other threads for whining about the heat, the timing, the location, the Board or any other subject. Take it there! I'm interested in what's going to happen at the Rally!

I'm planning on being there. I'm planning on 1 volunteer shift a day. I'm planning on having a good time.

I don't care if it's hot, cold, dry, wet, too far away, too close to Redmond, too well attended, not as many attendees as ??, whatever. At least we have a Rally to plan for and attend. What would it be like if the Rally was discontinued?

Maybe it's time I bump my "Great Things about Rallys" thread.
f

Thanks for the reminder.

The 2013 Rally is going to be in a great location, at a first rate venue and has experienced volunteers leading the effort.

I wish them nothing but the very best.

Thanks to all who will make this happen. :kiss

I would suggest that if we want to continue debating the time, location or process that another thread be started.

Is there any chance that the Board can influence Amtrak to have a Rally Train going from, say Chicago to Portland? That might help a LOT of people with limited time to attend the Rally from the East side to the West...there and/or back?
Thanks

Is there any chance that the Board can influence Amtrak to have a Rally Train going from, say Chicago to Portland? That might help a LOT of people with limited time to attend the Rally from the East side to the West...there and/or back?
Thanks

Great Idea, same timing though. Train goes same speed, more stops. Would be a great time having MOA gatherings in dinning car though, just hard to get tents up in sleeping cars.:brad
Actually would consider that, it would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back