• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Chief Joseph

P

PlaneGeek

All right peoples, who's going to the rally this year? I'm stoked as it's my first - so be gentle :bow. I'll be camping so itÔÇÖs a good excuse to bust out my old back packing gear since it packs up smaller.

C. Joseph

I 'm down for that as well as Hells Canyon Rally the week prior .
I'll be on Darthvader
F800GS camping as well.
Some great roads to as well as in the area .

The Chief Joseph Rally in on the wish list again this year. It's been a loooong time since I went to that one. Would you believe I last attended when it was in Sisters, Oregon? I'm really looking forward to it, having met two of the sponsoring club members on the way home from the 49er. Great guys, both!

I'll be there. Haven't been able to make it for several years, much to my regret, as it's one of my favorite regional rallies. Also, I'll be putting on my Vice President hat and hosting a "Mini Town Hall Meeting" Saturday evening after dinner for any that want to discuss the BMW MOA and the BMW world in general.

you will enjoy the rally!!!! this will be my fourth ralley at john day and have always enjoyed the trip and once there i enjoy meeting new people, if your camping you might want to bring some shade theres only 1 side of the camping area that has some nice trees the main area is more open but the pavillion is open all day so you can get shade there, beemer beat just arrived and jay said they are improving the dinners and entertainment, ive never had any complaints with the food at the rally but obviously some have. the towns people are great and very willing to make sure you have a good time by going out of there way to help you with any problems. enjoy yourself there.

Chief Joseph Rally...

I'll be leaving Los Altos CA (SF Bay Area) on Wednesday 6/17 or Thursday 6/18 if anyone wants to ride up with me. Let me know if you're interested...

I am so stoked!!!
will be the first ride over the pass this year!
camping on the Metolius thursday night,
then to the Rally on friday, my first!
the John Day area/ Fossil county is my favorite oregon riding,
plan on camping,
let's bbq a steak!

Scott

Can't wait!!

My first Chief Joseph. I just rode through the area a couple of weeks ago, what beautiful country and great roads! This is going to be a great weekend.:bikes

My first Chief Joseph. I just rode through the area a couple of weeks ago, what beautiful country and great roads! This is going to be a great weekend.:bikes
I see you're from Pueblo West. We'll be in Florence next month. Track me down at Chief Joseph. As I sais, I'll be on a silversmoke R90S.

I'll do my best to find you. Deb Lower and I will be hosting a get together on the 2010 MOA National Rally sometime during the weekend.

My favorite "after work" ride goes through Florence. Lots of really nice rides right outside my door.

See you soon! :wave

I'll be leaving Wed am and going over Carson Pass to 395. Then up to Alturas for the night. Arriving John Day on Thurs afternoon. It's been a long time, the last Chief Joseph Rally I attended was in 1983. Aynyone with a similar route? Will I see any of you along the way?

Last edited:
Chief Jo was a blast

Thanks BMWRO from BMWFreeRiders...we had a blast...over 700 participants...food was great and fast AND seconds....great rides...(oops, I'm sorry...for all you folks who've never been to John Day, I would highly discourage...the roads are twisty...I saw AT LEAST two cars every day...and I'm SURE there is lots of other bad stuff that would prevent you from having the wonderful time that you deserve)

See you next year!!!;)

Last edited:
Kudos to Lane and Nancy Weinberg!

Kudos to Lane and Nancy, the Chief Joseph Rally chairs.

Another great rally at John Day.

Thanks.

Steve Miller
Prineville, OR

Hummm. Just what was it about the food that you found "great?" :dunno

I thought the food was very good. The brats on Friday evening really hit the spot and there was plenty to go around. I got more than my fill on Saturday evening with both beef and turkey. For $40 I got a great rally and two good dinners. How can you beat that? Thanks to all the BMWRO crew for a job very well done!

Thanks BMWRO from BMWFreeRiders...we had a blast...over 700 participants...food was great and fast AND seconds....great rides...(oops, I'm sorry...for all you folks who've never been to John Day, I would highly discourage...the roads are twisty...I saw AT LEAST two cars every day...and I'm SURE there is lots of other bad stuff that would prevent you from having the wonderful time that you deserve)

See you next year!!!;)

Amen to that! It sure makes the commute to work this week awfully boring. Too dang straight and no cowboys moving their herds on the highway. :D I loved the variety of weather, kept everything sharp whipping through that beautiful country. Met a lot of great people out there - RideALot, Tami, Chris, Jim & the gang. :beer That horseradish sauce with the beef on Saturday night was killer!

Can't wait for the next one!

Back