• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

God bless these United States on this Memorial Day

dennisdarrow

#4869 Earned Lifetime mem
To lots of folks on here, this is NOT just another day to BBQ and drink beer. It's for me and those others, the day that I put aside to honor those that I left behind on that patrol that put me in the hospital and disabled for the rest of my days. They are now on a wall in DC and in cemetaries scattered across this country. Yes, the one's with the white marble headstones. So to them and the millions of others that have given the ultimate sacrifice for THEIR country and MINE............Thank you......I know God has blessed YOU....Dennis

Thank you Dennis

In Flanders Field

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

John McCrae ~ 1915

tumblr_lbn2aqCPbC1qdhcmfo1_400.jpg

Today was a day to remember those whom have fallen, and to honor those who continue to serve.

On a personal level, our family remembers in particular Lt. Donald Winchester, USMC, who fell in Iraq and whom my son (fighting there in 2003 as a 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment member) knew as a friend and mentor.

The other is Spc. David Hickman, US ARMY, who was a member of my son's unit (82nd Airborne), a friend to Brad, and the last US soldier killed in Iraq before Brad and his unit 'shut off the lights, closed the door' and left the country for good.

To their families, our deepest thoughts and prayers. :usa

Last edited:
Back