• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Copper Canyon

edjones

A friend and I are considering a "guys week out", and looking at Copper Canyon, in Mexico. Anyone one done this, and if so could you recommend using the "package trips" like Rosen Rides, PanchVilla. Any feedback or input would be appreciated.

Thanks, and ride safely.

Last edited:
Can you and your friend leave this Friday, October 5th? AZ Beemers are going to Bato

Good Morning Ed,

I wish that you two had seen our post for our AZ Beemers Copper Canyon trip a while ago. You're still welcome to ride with us if you can get yourselves mobilized by this next Friday, October 5. Go to www.azbeemers.org Forum and look under Upcoming Rides and you'll see all the details and information for the Mexico ride.

We at AZ Beemers, BMWMOA Chartered Club #89, got our feet wet riding to Mexico and Copper Canyon by going with Pancho Villa Moto Tours many years ago.

We AZB highly recommend the International Tours that Skip & Nancy Mascorro and their excellent staff organize. I'm hoping to go on the Vienna to Istanbul run that Skip will be leading next spring. Also, I still want to go on the Veracruz trip.

Rosen Rides also puts on a good trip, I myself am interested in their ride from Creel to the sea at Los Mochis. I will have to get myself in better offroad shape and get a lighter bike than my KLR 650 to make that gnarly track to the Pacific.

If there's a chance you can go with us: Cell: 602-722-0427 & Home: 480-917-3863

Saludos, Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" Chandler, Arizona www.azbeemers.org

Rosen's Rides

I was on a tour with this company three years ago. Everything went off without a hitch. The business is a family affair. Ricky Rosen handles reservations etc, from Phoenix. Her son, Justin, is the guide/concierge. Justin is married to a Mexican woman he met during his trips to Cerocahui. His brother in law drives the support truck. They have built, by hand, a nice lodge in Cerocahui, that you would stay at for a couple of days. His wife and mother in law do the cooking and his father in law keeps an eye on things.

The riding was great, all the accomodations were comfortable and the food was good. Justin is an American who speaks spanish fluently, and that helps a lot with the locals. The locals were gracious and frendly. I cannot speak from experience, but understand that you get more off pavement with Rosen's than the other outfitters.

You don't say what kind of riding that you are looking for, but Rosen's is oriented towards off pavement. I beleive that there are others that provide paved road tours in the area.

Back