• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/03/07

S

SNC1923

Big week last week! Lots of submissions and lots of fun.

KBasa posed an interesting question: Do we want to have a larger "review and comment" team?

I'm certainly open to having more voices offer critique. Bluestune, Rebecca, Knary, Ian, Burnzilla, and Bricciphoto have all chimed in. Whether a critique or a question, it's all something we can learn from. I hope folks will chime in with their thoughts as they wish. And if you want to contribute more regularly, PM me and let me know your thoughts--or just do.

Having said all that, we humbly offer these simple rules:

• Photos must be shot this weekend: Fri, Sat, or Sun.
  • You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
  • No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
  • Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
  • Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo. Having a creative title for your photo is always nice.
  • Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
  • And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.

This week's theme: "Pure & Simple"

"Pure and simple" can refer to ingredients, one's version of truth, the old days, or many other ideas. What does it mean to you? Take a photo and show us. And for fun, try to include a title without the words "pure" or "simple."

It's already Friday in some parts of the country. Now get out there and shoot.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing the posts on this theme. After last week and everyone being on a great creative roll....:thumb

Day of the Dead celebration
Terlingua, TX

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• VoniDofD.jpg
    VoniDofD.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 340
Gravity Wins!

Balancing a wheel the old fashioned way - on two level rails - the axle rolls till the heavy spot is down.

Attachments

• Balanced.jpg
    Balanced.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 319
Simple

PICT0052.jpg

Simple as you can get.

Last edited:
Contemporary Minimalist Architecture

DSC01302.JPG

Last edited:
Since we are on an architechural running deal here is one that is an actual finished image from my B&W work...

hooverdam.jpg

Okay following the rules of jus taking shots without any adjustments (except i cropped out my lens shade... was shooting with a 18mm lens today)

bulldust1.jpg

Found some good old bull dust in NE Utah today... Pure uniform softness... and Simplely engulfed the road. This section was only upto 8 inches deep... went through one earlier to this one that was deep!

Last edited:
Back