• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Blue Tooth and hearing aids?

gunnert

Biker
I have new hearing aids on the way. These will be behind the ear but the Dr insists they are small I should be able to wear a helmet with them. The HA are also bluetooth compatible. Anyone know if these will pear with GT?

I have BTE hearing aids and I do not ride with them, I use earplugs or earbuds all the time. The aids bring too much noise in.
Mine are also bluetooth compatible, but that requires wearing the bluetooth receiver on a cord around my neck or in a pocket.
There is a big thread hear with lots of comments from HA users.

I too attempted the use of hearing aids while wearing my helmet. I have had both in-ear aids and behind the ear models, all state of the art and supposedly the smallest available. Both in ear and behind the ear models created unacceptable pressure in my helmet. If you do wear them riding, be very careful when removing your helmet to insure they do not become dislodged and disappear on you. Don't ask me how I know.

Last year I was fitted with the new Lyric hearing aids which are completely in the ear and 100% invisible. They are placed by the doctor and remain in place for approx. 100 days without removal at which time the doctor removes the old ones and places new ones with fresh batteries. I absolutely love them and can finally wear my helmet with my hearing aids in place and again enjoy my music, etc. from my bluetooth helmet speakers. Besides being trouble free, invisible and a god-send for use with my helmet, the sound quality is better than any of my prior hearing aids which I was updating every year or so in order to constantly obtain the best, state-of-the art devices out there.

Thanks Moot, I've been wearing inner ear HA on the bike for a couple of years. When I got them 12 years ago (I know, it's time for new ones) I had one of the 3 circuits programmed to mute for when riding a M/C. I finally went to the VA this week and I have new HA coming in October. The new ones are behind the ear and come with bluetooth and a "transmitter" that I can set out in a conference room, etc. I'm wondering if I can pair the HA with audio on the GT? I'll post if i can...

Back