• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Any one else?

went revzilla...

& it cost me coin being down.... is this a marketing ploy?

Is there some kind of BMW conspiracy going on? I cannot log on to the Yankee Beemers either.Can't seem to contact them to try and figure it out.

Up and running as of last night.

And yes - missed it.

I use it for information and opinions, reference my monthly ON column at times.

Right now - trying to ID whomever goes by "BenDiem?'

Thanks to efforts at MOA HQ - my understanding is Jeff is now in the Witness Protection Program! :whistle

I am not sure, whether the downtime was worth it. It may be a matter of getting used to it, but so far, I absolutely hate the buttons. Red and blue envelopes. Both open or closed. Takes me a while to figure out where new posts are.....

It's good to have it back up. Now I just have to figure out what these blue and red envelopes mean.

Last edited:
The site being unavailable...

disrupted my daily routine. I am a creature of habbit :) I am happy that the forum has been restored with what appears to be a good upgrade...likely the one talked about over the last few months.

Aloha.

Blue is "no replies"

Not correct! There are red ones (which are hot threads) which have no replies!
The "reply or not" is only marked with the envelope being open or closed. And THAT is really difficult to see. Especially for the Airhead crowd, where the average age is 65!

I am not sure, whether the downtime was worth it. It may be a matter of getting used to it, but so far, I absolutely hate the buttons. Red and blue envelopes. Both open or closed. Takes me a while to figure out where new posts are.....
The New Posts button is at the upper left of the page.
Yesterday Greg Feeler mentioned in another post that the new site will not be up for a couple weeks.

I am happy that the forum has been restored with what appears to be a good upgrade...likely the one talked about over the last few months.

Aloha.

This looks like a temporary setup. Greg Feeler said it would be a couple weeks before the new site is up and running.

Edit: In the same thread I mentioned, Omega Man said this is the new setup.
Here's the thread. http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?64592-Forum-Blocked

Last edited:
Disappointed

I disappointed that no explanation has been made of outage. Of course the members don't need an explanation.

I dont like the "washed out look" very hard to see!

Same here, but I'll take the washed out look over a site that's infected most of the time.

After playing with the site today I see it has several features I like better than the old version, like the very easy and fast multi quote function.
I noticed the forum is set up with VB4 default style and Mobile Style. Maybe after the site is fully setup more styles will be available for ones that don't like the washed out style??

Last edited:
Back