• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sena SMH-10 - C3

sickticket

Been reading all the threads on BMW Bluetooth and quality of helmet headsets. From what I have read, the Sena SMH-10 seems to work the best when properly paired.

My question is, is there a problem attaching the SMH-10 to a C3 helmet?? I have read that it is an easy fit to other helmets but before I purchase I need to know if I am purchasing a bitch to install.

Thanks

You will need to use the double side adhesive to secure the bracket to the helmet as the clamp does not work well with the Schuberth C3 helmet.

The adhesive is really secure if you cleam the helmet surface properly (I have installed mine 2 years ago and no problems yet).

Thanks for the quick reponse. Was there any issue with the operation of the sun shade or is the Sena unit attached farther back?

Did your Sena pare well with the bike?

Thanks

I have the Sena on a BMW system 5 (or 6?) helmet. Used the adhesive with the optional base that has the microphone on a wire. The boom would not fit because I had to put the base further back on the helmet because of the sunshade slider. The microphone I velcroed to the front of the check pad so it did not interfere with the flip of the helmet. Works really well. Paired with iPhone or with my garmin 660.

Did not have an issue as I used their SMH-A304 for my in-ear phones which I prefer over their thin sounding speakers and I get a bit of noise isolation which permits me to lower the sound volume.

I do not pair with the bike as I do not have the on board sound system, instead I have a Cowon J3 MP3 player and an Iphone 5 and they work well.

I believe that even with the SMH-A302 you will still need to use the adhesive pad to install as the bracket does not change, this adapter only offer an attachable microphone.

Thanks for the quick reponse. Was there any issue with the operation of the sun shade or is the Sena unit attached farther back?

Did your Sena pare well with the bike?

Thanks

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/smh10.php?tab_menu=helmet

The mic is cleanly mounted inside the helmet and the base adheres to the helmet. Very slick mount and not expensive - the original clamp holds the jog dial at an awkward angle and creates wind noise due to the design of the helmet. Does not interfere with the sun visor operation.

Thanks for the link, I was about to go take pictures of mine. I'd like to emphasize to the OP that you need the Universal Microphone Kit.

cowboyatheart: The cheekpad mount sounds interesting as I get tired of fussing with the mike every time the helmet goes on. Any problems being heard clearly with the intercom or phone?

I have the Sena on a BMW system 5 (or 6?) helmet. Used the adhesive with the optional base that has the microphone on a wire. The boom would not fit because I had to put the base further back on the helmet because of the sunshade slider.
I use the adhesive base and the boom mike that attaches with the wire, not the wired mike. I just put the velcro tab under the cheek pad and extend it to the front of the chin bar. Stays in place when I raise the chin bar and the base is mounted just behind the sunshade slider.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,583
Last edited:
I have the c3 pro - with the sena SMH-10. Works very well - but get the version with the detached boom mic vs. the one where the mic attaches directly to the exterior bracket. I believe the model is SMH 10-11.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh10-11-universal-bluetooth-headset#activate_zoom

I use it with foam earplugs when on the highway and it works fine - excellent pairing with an iPhone, and nice sounding music. Good battery life - I road six solid hours in pouring rain and the unit worked flawlessly (more than I can say for my rain gear).

I've got about 30K miles on a C3/Sena outfit. The previous posts have provided the needed details. I use the adhesive option to attach the mount to the helmet and the boom mike that is detachable. I also prefer the ear bud option over the speaker set-up.

Back