• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

21st Annual Georgia Mountain Rally

Slablog

Georgia Mountain Rally - April 29th - May 1st, 2011

21st Georgia Mountain Rally BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia #23

The Georgia Mountain Rally will once again be hosted at the fabulous Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds and Music Park on beautiful Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee, Georgia off Hwy 76W!

RallyPic.jpg

The center of activities at the GMR is inside a huge world class indoor music theatre, rain or shine. Bring your motor home or experience tent camping on cool plush grass along the shores of beautiful Lake Chatuge, with hot showers handily available, or enjoy a special rally discount rate at the Ramada Inn adjacent to the rally site.

Your $45 pre-registration fee entitles you to - Enjoy this gorgeous park for three days while taking in the endless riding opportunities in north Georgia, western NC and eastern TN. Walt's famous chili dinner Friday night. Fabulous steak dinner on Saturday. Free coffee and popcorn all weekend.

An abundance of prizes, a grand prize drawing, vendors and entertainment that are signatures of the GMR. See the famous Saturday evening mammoth bonfire event on the grounds.

Rallymeister C.A. Ernst (rallymeister@bmwmoga.info).

Attendance is limited to first 600 registrants. Register Early. Pre-Registration Fee $45.00 DEADLINE April 1, 2011. Regular Fee $55.00 DEADLINE April 15, 2011. To register go to - http://WWW.BMWMOGA.INFO.

Georgia Mountain Rally - April 29th - May 1st, 2011

21st Georgia Mountain Rally BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia #23

Attendance is limited to first 600 registrants. Register Early. Pre-Registration Fee $45.00 DEADLINE April 1, 2011. Regular Fee $55.00 DEADLINE April 15, 2011. To register go to - http://WWW.BMWMOGA.INFO.

Are you guys actually limiting attendance this year?

Dang! Looks like a nice rally....if only I didn't have a mandatory sales meeting that Friday.

Registered yesterday, cannot wait. I'm trying to decide between riding the
R100RT with Ural sidecar or the CLC.
Ride Safe :usa :usa :bolt

Greetings
Jet and I were thinking of riding down and plotting a route from Bloomsburg.
How good is that chilli?
Are there any of those steaks left for the two of us?
Tony

Greetings
How good is that chilli?
Tony

The chili is pretty good, all you can eat. As for the steak, when you check in you get a wrist band. On Saturday you can trade the wrist band for the steak so don't lose it. Rain has been the biggest worry.

This will be our second GMR...had a wonderful time last year. We'll be riding with another couple along the backroads up from Orlando, Florida if anyone else from the area is going and wants to tag along.

Signed up but not able to go cause I'm in Afghanistan for a year!Traveling John and Wandering Dave you guys make up for me not being able to hit the rally's this year. See Ya next year GMR for sure.
Knick
X-troller
F800GS

Signed up but not able to go cause I'm in Afghanistan for a year!Traveling John and Wandering Dave you guys make up for me not being able to hit the rally's this year. See Ya next year GMR for sure.
Knick
X-troller
F800GS

Badly worn rear tire, not sure if I'll make it there. Not sure if I can get a replacement before the GMR, but if I do, I'll have a beer in your honor. :thumb

Just have to change the fluids & knock the dust off the gear. Hope to get there
Thur, for the great area riding. I'm "covering" for Knick and I sure hope to
have some help from Wander'in Dave. Can barely wait!
Travel'in John
04R1150R

Thanks John and Mike. Got your PM John all yu'all (that's plural for you all)have a brew or two for me!

We have four coming up from Savannah Thursday sometime. This will be my second. Enjoyed last years rally despite being in a cage. My bike was still in storage in Connecticut. See ya'all there!

Bob,
If you guys want to ride with some of the Savannah guys, let me know.
We're heading out Thursday too.
We have a secret, almost all backroad route laid out.
Of course it will be a spirited ride....
Jerry

Greetings
How good is that chilli?
Tony

Tony,
Been that way many times going to the Finger Lakes Rally.
I would work US 219 through West VA into the route.
At the end in Rich Creek, VA, take 100 over to the BRP.
Take the BRP all the way to US 276 south of Asheville, NC
The US 276 south to US 64, then US 64 west past Franklin, NC to NC 69 south to Hiawassee and the rally.
Make sure you have plenty of rubber on the sides of your tires.

Bob,
If you guys want to ride with some of the Savannah guys, let me know.
We're heading out Thursday too.
We have a secret, almost all backroad route laid out.
Of course it will be a spirited ride....
Jerry

Thanks Jerry I have enough spirits to go around. See you there.

I would work US 219 through West VA into the route.
At the end in Rich Creek, VA, take 100 over to the BRP.

Thanks for the tip on US Hwy 219 in WV. I planned on taking the BRP and also want to include some WV roads on our trip to Bloomsburg from Atlanta.

Mac McEnheimer

Back