• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lots and lots of Green Grass?

Polarbear

Polarbear
Camping at our rallies is not new to me and I prefer it:). Our National events, however have differed quite a bit over the years, regarding sites! It must be tough to find"West Bends", as this was a great one for camping. I was rather shocked to find both Ohio and Vermont lacking anything but pasture and dirt for camping. West bend is a winner in recent memory for having the best! Keep it fresh in our minds for what a rally site can be:). Wyoming will be a lot of fun, as I have travelled Wyoming many times, but its the "West" and grass is something to cherish in Wyoming and points west. I hope the rally site is an exception to this rule and has plenty of grass for camping. Dirt rallies are not fun. Camping on concrete or pavement with good gear, would even beat dirt. Thanks Karol, for the hard work and Wyoming, as this area of our country is exceptional for those who ride a lot. Its BIG country out here and nothing like the eastern USA, with tons to do in the wilderness. GS's will indeed be the ticket for those most adventurous:). Randy13233:thumb PS; I followed you some on your Iron Butt ride this past year and it was interesting. You passed nearby my home in CA., as many riders did. Happy Trails.

Looking for grass in Wyoming

Camping at our rallies is not new to me and I prefer it:). Our National events, however have differed quite a bit over the years, regarding sites! It must be tough to find"West Bends", as this was a great one for camping. I was rather shocked to find both Ohio and Vermont lacking anything but pasture and dirt for camping. West bend is a winner in recent memory for having the best! Keep it fresh in our minds for what a rally site can be:). Wyoming will be a lot of fun, as I have travelled Wyoming many times, but its the "West" and grass is something to cherish in Wyoming and points west. I hope the rally site is an exception to this rule and has plenty of grass for camping. Dirt rallies are not fun. Camping on concrete or pavement with good gear, would even beat dirt. Thanks Karol, for the hard work and Wyoming, as this area of our country is exceptional for those who ride a lot. Its BIG country out here and nothing like the eastern USA, with tons to do in the wilderness. GS's will indeed be the ticket for those most adventurous:). Randy13233:thumb PS; I followed you some on your Iron Butt ride this past year and it was interesting. You passed nearby my home in CA., as many riders did. Happy Trails.

The grass is there, but it is not like the grass from home, a bit thinner, a bit tougher than it's counterparts from other regions.

Maybe Karol could kick the map guys in gear here (hint) and give us an idea if camping will be allowed west of the main facility where the best grass is, as well as the "outback" area east of the rodeo arena.

My vote is to camp in the "outback" due to the proximity to the shower/bath trailers, and a bit more wide open to fight the clausto PHOBIA that I have of being crammed in too tight...

The grass in the outback is of the tough variety, and gets it's share of trampled; honestly? not the best, but adequate for an old bum on his GS like me. Did I mention this area is about 50 yeards from great showers/bathroom/sinks? Private enough and open space enough for those "Midnight Cowboys" in our ranks...

If you're looking for the nice grass, west and south of the main buildings is perfect grass for tenting the way many of us are used to, very close to what you had at West Bend in the choice areas.

The North offers some of the finest PAVED RV camping, a nice level area I do believe with hookups. and very close to the center of the activity.

Wireless Internet is there (all areas) if you have some plastic to feed the machine!

I want to know if we are going to experience some flat track dirt racing on the regulation track by the grand stands! I know I KNOW the boys of Wyoming would cowboy up here to put on a performance, be it with horse POWER of motorcycle flat track racing, or HORSE power of the equine variety! Either would be just great!

enough...I am working my self into a frenzy, and took over your thread...sorry
I can't wait...

Red

Sounds good to me, Red.

You have a handle on the area, better than me. I have been there, but only in passing, spending a few nights in Buffalo,WY. recently. I found Buffalo,Wy. a nice town and beautiful. Gillette should be some good high country Wyoming fresh air and open spaces for sure. As a horseman, I would enjoy anything related to horses in the program at the rally:). Se ya'll there, probably on my vintage R100/7 this time around. Randy13233:thumb

I have learned to mistrust anything In Wyoming that resembles a lush, green lawn. It means the sprinkler system is going to go off at about 3:00 a.m.

Camping at our rallies is not new to me and I prefer it:). Our National events, however have differed quite a bit over the years, regarding sites! It must be tough to find"West Bends", as this was a great one for camping. .
You're right....West Bend was a great rally, and it is tough to find "West Bends" across the country.

Wyoming will be a lot of fun, as I have travelled Wyoming many times, but its the "West" and grass is something to cherish in Wyoming and points west..
We think Wyoming will be a lot of fun too. The grounds has 1100 acres, but unfortunatley the grass won't be like Wisconsin. The camping areas will have grass (too much area to lay astroturf!:whistle )

As Dale mentioned there are several areas for camping, some close and others further away from "rally central". We have the challenge of keeping it centralized without giving up some of the amenities, such as the shower trailers, etc. We don't have a map together yet, but are planning to use the "North 40" for camping, and letting the attendees choose to be close to the action or further away for the amenities. We will also have shuttle service for those who have an aversion to walking :p

Thanks Karol, for the hard work and Wyoming, as this area of our country is exceptional for those who ride a lot. Its BIG country out here and nothing like the eastern USA, with tons to do in the wilderness. GS's will indeed be the ticket for those most adventurous:).
It is BIG country!! I have a GS, but unfortunatley am not a "GS Rider". I prefer having traction under my tires, but admire the advriders who get out there and play in the dirt. I'm now at a stage in life where I realize gravity exists, and find it painful when I come in for a landing!!

PS; I followed you some on your Iron Butt ride this past year and it was interesting. You passed nearby my home in CA., as many riders did. Happy Trails
Thanks....it was a great ride, and an experience to enjoy with my Son. He and his SO gave me a wonderful Christmas gift.....a scrapbook to treasure for many years. I get to relive the event without the heat, rain, etc.!!!!

Thanks again Karol;

The IB Ride you both did was exceptional and I really liked the link you had with the phones, as you were fairly easy to follow around the USA. The family gift sounds neat:). The Rally. Wyoming is fantastic and I would like to think as many attend as eastern rallies of recent years. We have grown and for those reading and those not, spread the word about Wyoming. If you like outdoors and few people, compared to the eastern USA populated areas, come along for some sightseeing in one fine state, indeed. Last count I heard was Wyo. had less than half a million folks in its borders and a 300x400 mile sized state makes for LOTS of elbow room:). See ya there, Randy13233
BTW, Karol, I have volunteered at many National Rallies, helping the Oil Change, signs, etcetc. booths, over many years. Not a chairperson but indeed helping out. So many do this and it makes the rally(s) what they are. Keep your head high and we'll all be around to help as needed. Randy/Gini Owens 13233,13234:):usa "GETTY UP GO, WYOMING":usa :usa

Back