• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Some DVD Karma

MCMXCIVRS

More toys than space
Seems it's been a while since we had any karma threads here.

I was looking through some CDs and DVDs looking for one in particular and came across not one, but two copies of the BMW Motorrad 30 Years of GS DVD. One is stil nicely shrink wrapped and has never been enjoyed and is feeling a bit neglected. :idea So, I've decided to send it off to some lucky soul to allow it to fulfil it's destiny and to (hopefully) gain some karma in return. :thumb

If you want to get in, post a positive reply of some sort (be creative if you wish), all such replies will garner an entry into the draw to be done in two weeks time (September 19th). Lucky winner will get the DVD all expenses paid. :dance

Attachments

• P1010335.JPG
    P1010335.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 156
I love Karma threads! And it has been a long time.
Thanks for posting!

And count the GSG Queen in on the drawing!

That was great, thanks!

i-bG3b9k4.jpg

The old footage of Gaston Rahier on the big Paris to Dakar beast is worth the price of that DVD. It is truly spectacular. How a man of such small stature could manhandle that beast is truly impressive. I have seen the actual bike and it is chest high on me, and I'm just shy of six feet tall. Huge motorcycle.

I struggle to herd my little R-80G/S around graded roads in the local desert, trying to keep the bike upright and the front tire pointed in the right direction in even mildly loose stuff. Mr. Rahier was doing 100 mph on looser stuff where no road existed and makes it look easy. I can only shake my head at my own sorry lack of skill.

It is exhilerating to watch, and demoralizing at the same time. Still, well worth the price of admission.

I can't afford a GS right now. Perhaps I can find some forks for my too low geared R65 and roll my own GS?

Just got home from a weekend in Colorado Springs, not on the bike though, had to fly down this time.

Draw time is getting close. Anyone interested in the DVD had best post your intent soon. :thumb

Well the official drawing is completed and the lucky winner is Newstar :dance I'll get your mailing info via PM and get the DVD off in the mail to its new home.

My bro in law on his GS was just about as fast as me in some circumstances on my 04 GT;plus he dipped his toe in Prudoe bay this summer.Send it to me,i will send it to him.

Der Verge,

In the interest of Karma and the spirit of the GSGiants, I can help! I've pm'd you!

Back