• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Visitor Access

guenner

I have a friend in the area of the rally who wants to come over one evening and take a look and have a beer with me.

How can he get in on foot?

Thanks,
Guenther

I have a friend in the area of the rally who wants to come over one evening and take a look and have a beer with me.

How can he get in on foot?

Thanks,
Guenther

All "visitors" and guests must register for the event. He is welcome to come in for three evenings and have several beers, and enjoy all the amenities of our rally. It's a great event, and he's more than welcome to join us. Registration for non-members for the event is $80.00, which gives him access to our vendors, seminars, entertainment, and he'll have a chance to win fabulous prizes.:thumb

If your friend doesn't want to register for the event, Stout's Pub (Where Good Brew and Good Friends Meet) is just north of the grounds on Larpenteur.

...."Borrow" an armband from someone going the other way for the evening? Friends don't let friends suffer out of town complications.

May good fortune guide your travels
"travel'n" john

All "visitors" and guests must register for the event. He is welcome to come in for three evenings and have several beers, and enjoy all the amenities of our rally. It's a great event, and he's more than welcome to join us. Registration for non-members for the event is $80.00, which gives him access to our vendors, seminars, entertainment, and he'll have a chance to win fabulous prizes.:thumb

If your friend doesn't want to register for the event, Stout's Pub (Where Good Brew and Good Friends Meet) is just north of the grounds on Larpenteur.

This is why MOA should have a one day pass for visitor who might become a member a for members that can only make one day.

Don

This is why MOA should have a one day pass for visitor who might become a member a for members that can only make one day.

Don

Agreed! When the fee was lower it wasn't that much of an issue, but $80 is just too steep.

Voni

.... a visitor that is "sponsored", fills out some paperwork & is vouched for by a MOA member... who then is attached some responsibility, should have access with a reasonable daily fee. Don't think I want 'em camping over though.

Getting tired of seeing people get out of car trunks in the park'n lot.... Dad said mom strained her "hammy" last year!

May good fortune guide your travels...
"travel'n" John

All it takes is an affirmative vote by the Board of Directors. So if you believe this would be a good change send your communications to the Board members. Mail and email and phone info in every Owners News.

All it takes is an affirmative vote by the Board of Directors. So if you believe this would be a good change send your communications to the Board members. Mail and email and phone info in every Owners News.

It was discussed this year due to the increase in the fee, with the hopes that it "might" attract new members... ."lending" someone an armband is fundamentally dishonest, and unfair to the members and their guests who paid the event fee. :stick

Our event offers a Lot of great entertainment, shopping and educational opportunities. Interested people might find they want to stay for the entire event to "get their money's worth". A football game or concert can easily cost $80.00, while lasting only 4 hours. Our event is 3 days, and takes a lot of planning and money to offer this to our "members" (operative word here)

Rally Chairs do not make policy. This was a BoD decision. Paul's right...members need to communicate to the BoD. 31,000 members and less than 1400 vote.....the BoD makes decisions based on intelligent member input..

Oh well! I thought I could "shanghai" him at the beer tent and have him sign up for a MOA membership. ;)

I'll take a peek with him over the fence and at the motorcycles outside the event proper. Hopefully I can still convince him to get a BMW and a MOA membership for "next time". :dance

/Guenther

Let them pay for a $25 day pass with $55 deposit if they decide they would to stay drop by registration and get the right armband. Do and armband for each day. The most major problem is at least one person is going to have to manage registration late into the night and security.

Michael J Mans.

Back