• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Late to introduce myself

KJ6OCL

Geoxman
I've been using the forum since I joined, Sept. 2011, so I guess I'd better introduce myself. Born in NY, grew up in NJ with summers in New Bedford Mass. Cincinnati for a few years and then CA in 1963, still here!

Like many of you I was off bikes for 30+/- years while raising a family. I moved to the mountains (Trinity County, CA) in 2006 to build a new home and woodworking shop. Now that we are comfortable in both, with only minor finish work to do, I have had time for riding and forums. I bought my current ride ( 2000, R1200C) on July 1, 2010 with 11.5K on it. I managed to put 6+K on it since then.

Formal training, BS Rutgers, MS Univ. of Cincinnati & graduate work at UCD. Basically, I was a molecular biologist. I left UCD just before starting my PhD research work in biochemistry, to start a motorcycle sales and service business. I get bored easy, thus have had many lives. Sold and served BMW, Suzuki, Norton, Bultaco and Hodaka. Found out that I new crap about business, wrong place, wrong time and partnership not a good idea! You just have to love those learning curves. Because I had a lot of experience in the building trades, I started doing remodeling jobs. Then got a contractors license. (general building, electrical, plumbing and floor covering). This kept me interested for over thirty years. I then went to work for a manufacturer (Fort Wayne, Indiana) as the western US sales engineer. Did that for ten years and then retired to build our house.

I have been a Rotarian for about 24 years now. I was just appointed to the Trinity County Planning Commission. I got my HAM radio technician license in April, 2011. I do a lot of woodworking projects and photography.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, and I'll be 74 this coming December!!!! Regrets....don't still have my R69s, R75/5!

Last edited:
Welcome

Very nice introduction, thank you.

You seem to have had a varied and interesting life. Seems you have lots of interests and lots of energy.

Hope to see your future posts.

Bob, yes I have. I got a pair of AeroFlow hand guards from Ken on that site a few months ago. I don't spend as much time there as I would like. I need to find out how to manufacture more time w/o getting less sleep.

Back