• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75 Choke issue

ted

Dum vivimus vivamus
Ok, I know it is really an idle enrichment adjuster, but it is acting up nonetheless. The first notch does nothing, no change in idle speed, no affect on cold start. The second notch does work, and it hasn't been an issue until Saturday mornings 33-degree start, when I needed a little steady throttle to keep it going to warm up.

I did look into the throttle bodies and as I move it to the first notch I can see a linkage move, and again to the second notch it opens further.

Any ideas? Thanks folks!

It appears your idle pin is not set right

When your bike is warm what rpm does it idle idle at? If it is high then you have an air leak (z hose)

If that is the case you need to locate the leak ( z hose, throttle body caps etc,,) then adjust your airbox for correct fuel to air mix, then adjust the pin for correct idle position.

With the pin set your choke / idle advance lever should do it's thing :dance

I am sure the real pros will chime in here to help you with solutions also :thumb

Ted,

No enrichment involved. It is simply a fast idle cam, that slightly holds the throttlebodies open.

On a K75:
Notch 1 is supposed to lift the throttle .059" at the idle screw.
Notch 2 is supposed to lift the throttle .118" at the idle screw.

Adjustment is at the cable on the right end of the throttlebodies.

If those #s are correct, I would start by looking for a vacuum leak. Start with the crankcase vent hose and the vacuum caps at the throttle body base.

:dance:dance:dance

I think Lee hit it on the head. The cable has probably stretched a little bit. I think readjusting the cable will solve the problem.

Back