• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Eagle Rider rentals??

the Wizard of Oz
anybody got any experience with Eagle Rider? They seem to be ubiquitous in all the cities where I'll be traveling thru the riding season. ie. Fresno, Boise, Spokane, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto.
Should I ship/bring my own riding gear; helmet, gloves, boots, jacket?
What else?
Other options?

Thanx.
g

In 2012, I rented a 2010 RT from Eagle Rider in California. Found them via an online search, reserved via telephone. No issues, the bike was in good condition and was ready when I got there. Like any rental, check for and document any damage before you leave (my rental had valve cover scuffs from a stationary drop). My wife and I were traveling by cage and had brought our own riding gear. I really do not know if Eagle rider can provide rental gear. Call and ask?

I have used twice through BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas, once in 2012 then again in 2013. I had no issues.

Not sure if all locations are co-located with a dealer but this one had a good assortment of loaner gear. In 2012 I rented during the spring so only borrowed a helmet with a liner purchased at the counter. In 2013 I traveled in the winter and brought my own helmet and gloves but borrowed a textile jacket with quilted liner, boy was I happy to have that jacket in the 40-45 degree temps traveling 80 or so on the highway.

When in doubt, place a call.

While I haven't rented a BMW I've rented a couple of Harley's from EagleRider and was pretty satisfied.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Back