• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2010 BMW MOA
 International Rally ÔÇô Getting there from New England!

Many of you are probably asking yourself this question - Can I justify more than a week or two away from work or family to head out on two wheels and ride the Pacific Northwest corner of the country to attend the International Rally?
Then you add the thought of five long days on the bike one way (from the New England area) and then repeat that to get home ÔÇô anytime on the bike is a good time, but this pushes the envelop a bit on the fun factor and just thinking about it makes the bottom hurt a bit!

The obvious solution is to ship the bikes out west!

I have researched the Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping company, URL is www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com. The issue with their standard offering is they pick up your bike; it gets shipped to Kentucky then after consolidating bikes going to the same location it heads out. This can take anywhere from four to six weeks. Not a solution I am interested in.

So I called Kelly at Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping to talk options. Here is what we came up with. We get 25 ÔÇô 32 bikes to be shipped from one or two locations here in New England. Keyboard shipping will pick up the bikes on Monday and Tuesday, July 5th & 6th. Then the truck will drive straight out west. If the bikes were delivered to the Denver area they would be available Friday the 9th. If they are delivered to the Seattle are they would be available Saturday the 10th. These dates are tentative.

The cost is
25 ÔÇô 29 bikes $300 per bike one-way.
30 ÔÇô 33 bikes $250 per bike one-way.

So here is the plan ÔÇô 30 of you interested riders (I already have three) email me by June 2nd and commit to having your bike shipped out west. I am asking for a non-refundable deposit paid directly to Keyboard by June 2. This way we can guarantee we get a truck, as they require a minimum of 25 bikes to make this work. Then you fly out to the pickup location and ride the Pacific Northwest. I am organizing this as a one-way trip so you need to plan on riding home or making other arrangements.

More details to follow on the drop off and pickup locations and dates.

If you are interested please email me at skivt12@gmail.com and include the following information.
Name, email address, phone number, city and State.

Back