• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

JMCB 2003 Squelch problems

exfed750

I recently installed a J&M system (found on EBay at a substantial savings) in order to talk with a buddy riding an Ultra. On our trip south this spring, the unit started to have problems with a creeping squelch level, first noticed as we encountered some wet weather. Now the unit is almost at the top of the scale, only needing a quarter turn from the highest setting to encounter noise. All of the connections have been checked, waterproofed with some di-electric grease and checked for ground shorts with a reliable multimeter. John Lazzeroni, President of J&M, says the BMW branded units didnt have the squelch control of the newer units. Anyone else experiencing a problem like this? It is quite maddening, considering the cost of the units, headsets and cords to make it work.

Shocking since they're known for such good customer service. Haha. I had some trouble with my unit on my Wee, and got no support from the company, I'm sorry to say. I went Bluetooth when I bought my RT, and talked my bro on an Ultra to do the same since he's been having cb trouble. I wish I could add something constructive, but I have hit a dead end with J&M when having any trouble.

I've found to get the same features on the CB 2003 that I have on my G9, it would cost 3x as much, ie. music, phone, com, GPS. As each is a costly addition.

Back