• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 F700 GS Touring Windshield ?

On my first ride on my new F700GS I realized the stock windshield would not work for all around use. I was amazed at the excessive noise level with my full face Arari and a little less with a 3/4 open face Harley helmet. After reading the F800, Bmw forums many times and getting to view numerous photos of F800/700/650 windshields I was able to see a few in person and realized maybe it was a personal preference.

I am 5'6", shrinking as we speak, and just op tested a 16" lightly tinted Cee Bailey with great satisfaction. Works with bmw hand guards and fork can be in lock position. Very quiet up to 50+ mph and not bad at 60 mph. The initial ride was without earplugs, however, just as a matter of hearing conservation I normally wear them on rides exceeding 45 mph.

Easy to install, no plastic to be removed, and comes with the bracket.

Ron W
IBA #54421
2015 F700gs
2009 R1200RT
2013 HD Dyna Superglide

Last edited:
I love my 16" lightly tinted Cee Bailey. Works very good for me, I'm at 5'4". With the bar you have a spot for the GPS.

Madstad Engineering 20"

I have the 20" Madstad Engineering windscreen on my standard chassis F700GS and love it. Mark recommended the 16" (not listed, but apparently available as a starting point for my 5'6" height). It was a significant improvement from stock, but I still experienced some helmet buffeting. A replacement 18" reduced this significantly. I've been using the 20" and settled on this height as it allows more vertical/tilt options for varying riding situations. Ride safe!

I've probably tried more windscreens than most, Cee-Bailey's, Givi, Powerbronze, and Madstad.

See more windscreen comments and pictures at forum at f800riders.org.

Went through a few shields on my F800 (Cee Baileys, BMW, Laminar lip) and finally installed the one that was first recommended and i ignored. That one was the Madstad. Very happy with it, lots of adjustment options and the winglets are easily removable to get more air around the shield in hot weather.

MadStad v V Stream Sport Touring

I've tried lots of different windshields on my 2011 F650GS twin and by far the best is the Made Stat.

Has anyone tried the V Stream Sport Touring wind screen on an F800GT. I have a Mad Stat but haven't been able to try it out yet, it's winter in the North East. I like the look of the V Stream Sport Touring and believe it would be the right height for me 5' 7.5". Can anyone give a comparison?

Alternative

I have the MadStad for my F-700 GS and purchased an MRA-X for my wife who is shorter. The price is in Canadian dollars and is less expensive than the Madstad.

I bought a CeeBailey windshield for mine and I love it. word of advise if you buy the tallest one and want it shorter they will cut it down to where you want it. I first got the 18 and returned it for a 20 inch, with my comfort seat at 5'10" I look over and get the wind I want with no wistle:thumb

I changed original wind shield with Givi AirFlow which you can adjust. It is really great for all season because you can adjust.

Wind noise depends on your height, I'm 6'1" and get little bit wind noise with 60-70 miles.

My wifes f700gs is due any day now. I've aleady bought a Givi airfow for it after a ton of reading reviews.
Planning on doing a video run with it before and after so will post results when done.

Liking the Givi Airflow!

2015-05-09 16.35.43.jpgMy wifes F700gs came in and the first order of business was to change out to the Givi Airflow.
I did throw on the camera and took the bike for a before and after ride. The video does show a difference, but doesnt really give a good indication how well this windshield works. Personally I'm 5'11" and found I could greatly reduce the windflow to my torso and get a good quiet space around my head. Small adjustments do make a difference.
For my wife at 5'4" the results were dramatic! Her comment was " This is the first time I've ever been able to ride at speed on the highway with my visor up!" In fact we did a 300 KM ride that day and the only time she put her visor down was when the road got busy with semis causing a lot of crosswind and buffetting. In fairness I was even feeling it on my Goldwing so no fault of the Givi airflow. Haven't done rain yet, but from our perspective this is a great addition for the F700gs! :)

I'm 6'1" , I need little bit taller so I will add a windshield spoiler on top of it because I get some wind noise but if I get my head down for 1 inch all the wind noise disappears.

I installed a Z-Technik V-Stream on mine a couple of months ago. I am 6' 2", so I got the tall clear model

http://www.nationalcycle.com/z2475.html

The windshield arrived missing a few plastic grommets necessary to install it. Tech support was responsive about mailing me the parts, but it took a few days. It also meant I had to reinstall the OEM windshield and then remove it again when the parts arrived.

Installation was pretty straightforward, but the installation instructions included some errors regarding the small metal brackets that support the sides of the windshield. It took me about some time to figure out that the parts were reversed L/R in the photos. The fit to the original mounts is good but not quite as precise as the OEM windscreen.

It has solved my problems with helmet buffeting at high speeds except in cases with gusty crosswinds, where no windscreen is likely to help. The slipstream from the top of the windshield just hits the top of the helmet, which does not cause me any problems. I am happy with the wind protection that I get.

The windscreen does wobble front to back more than I expected -- about 1 to 2 cm at the top of the windscreen. I thought this might bother me, but I don't notice now.

The optical quality is quite good. All in all I would give it an 8 out of 10. I can supply photos if interested.

Ken

Aeroflow touring works dandy on '15 F700GS

I installed an Aeroflo tall touring screen on my '15 F700GS the other day. Though it's not yet listed as fitting the F7 at their site I used the one for the F650/800GS. I had to use BMW pn 77338531603 "windscreen holder kit", two carriage bolts and two nylon spacers in addition to the excellent mount provided by Aeroflow. I am 5' 10" with a 29" inseam. I also have a Corbin seat. The screen has to be "biggish" to work for me but Aeroflow has done an excellent job with it's curves so it looks less like a barn door than some. More importantly, it works like it supposed to! I look over the shield, not through it. No buffeting at all, tested to 90 mph. Clearance for factory handgaurds with spoilers. Zero "wobble" or shake. I have yet to test on dirt roads but am pretty confident it will be fine. Aeroflow should have the install "kit" up soon but if your impatient or live in California, PM me
IMG_0132.jpg

anyone have touratech Desierto III?

Its a fairing and adjustable windscreen kit. looks awesome and seems to be functional and durable but its pricy at 850$ id like to know if anodyne else has had any experience with one.

Back