• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dubois PA to Buffalo NY, Rte 219

jsoque

Just planning an Ironbutt Route and need intell from Western PA riders.

Is this route from Dubois PA, north, to Buffalo NY, on Rte 219 North, doable in 3 hrs 17 mins, 151 miles :clap?

http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=7-6124D9Fq

Any tricky spots from my western PA friends, or our riders with experience?

Our sista' rider, "Stephanie Tarian" :bow is probably calling me a wimp, right about now!

Thanks,

Jim
Long Island, NY

Just planning an Ironbutt Route and need intell from Western PA riders.

Is this route from Dubois PA, north, to Buffalo NY, on Rte 219 North, doable in 3 hrs 17 mins, 151 miles :clap?

http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=7-6124D9Fq

Any tricky spots from my western PA friends, or our riders with experience?

Our sista' rider, "Stephanie Tarian" :bow is probably calling me a wimp, right about now!

Thanks,

Jim
Long Island, NY

I would think that is a bit longer than it really takes................
Bigger question is why that road. In PA 219 is mostly two lanes & slow with traffic and bunches of little towns to navigate.
I'd be on the interstate if I was doing and Iron Butt.
jason

Thanks Jason,

My start will be from Long Island.

Dubois was going to be my far westerly end, and then, head up and across the top of NY State, before heading back down.

219 North seemed like a logical route, but, not if it is 2 ways, and lights everywhere.

Would you suggest I keep on 80 West, 79 North, and then, 90 East, up to West Seneca, and ultimately Syracuse?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Jim

219 is scenic, but if following the speed limits averaging 47 mph may be tough, not so much a lot of lights, but a lot of 30 or 35 speed limits in the towns, and it is mostly 2 lane.

Personally I hate slab, and would rather push the bike up hills on back roads than ride slab all day, but I understand your goal. For me riding for Quantity of miles kills the enjoyment, it is Quantity of Smiles that I crave, and small tight twisty stuff is my preference.

Good luck.

Back