• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No more helmet hair

lkniess

I read of this interesting product today. I realize I do not have hair but it may extend the life of helmet linings by adding additional air space. Anyone using this?

Clicky

I'm intrigued. But I'd have to try before I buy. I can't see how there is room for this inside a properly fitted helmet. And I'm not sold on the comfortability.

ÔÇó Stabilizes helmet position & improves the fit of loose fitting helmets

ÔÇó Retains and enhances old and tired helmet linings.

These two bullet points tell me that the wearer needs to replace their helmet and find someone to help properly fit them for a new one.

I agree with those questioning the 'fit' in a proper 'fitting' helmet?:nono

And I would think it would be annoying as all hell, when side winds,etc, set up helmet buffeting?..........think I'll pass.:brow

I ain't all that purrity anywho,..so my hair is the least of my concern...not be sexist,but I'd say it's targeted to the ladies?

I didn't even look. Pomade, or whatever, I don't even need it.
I just use a close crop and none of it's long enough to stand up funny.
If your helmet liner is worn out, get a new liner. Most of the good helmets, you can get all the parts for, new liner, etc.
If it's too big, or moves at all, it's too big, and should be replaced with one that fits utterly ultra close.
dc

Aww you naysayers! Just think of the scalp massage while riding down a rough gravel road.

Ken

I wouldn't mind trying it - especially for going to work. I often get off the bike and go immediately into Telepresence or Video Conference meetings with execs who don't necessarily understand the motorcycle mystique. It might help - and I don't want to go to a number 1 buzz cut since my SO has told me my head is a 'weird' shape so I better hang onto as much hair as possible to hide it. I'm sure it won't cost me as much as a deer whistle or a rare earth magnet - both of which did NOT live up their performance billing - guess i am a sucker by nature. :wave

You guys don't know how easy you have it! Some of us girls would kill for a real solution! :brow

You guys don't know how easy you have it! Some of us girls would kill for a real solution! :brow

Perhaps this. :stick

cs_navy.png

I have only fringe hair head at best, so this gadget would leave my scalp looking like a connect-the-dots board. I'll wait for gen 2 to hit the stores.

pete

It looks like one of those baldness cures from years ago.

Might be helpful for a frugal rider to snug their helmet down for it's second five years on the road.

Back