• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Michelin road 3 trail

Had to Google, as I had not heard of those yet...under a rock I guess

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/09/06/michelin-pilot-road-3-trail-new-product-ideas/

Site claims they are the same tire pattern as the Road 3, but, in sizes for the GS.

If you want a road only tire and have not ridden a 3, they are great. If you do any loose stuff or mud, they will become slicks. I say that after taking a few PR3 road bikes down some muddy/loose surface roads:banghead

That said, if I was going to use my GSA totally on pavement...I'd give these a shot in a heartbeat.

Thanks for response, since about 95% of the 6000 miles on my GS have been on the road I'll give the P3 trails a try

personally, i would look for a tire that can handle that expected 5% of off-road, along with the unexpected "gee, that looks to be an interesting route" or "map said this was paved, but they did not say it was under construction for the next 15 miles" scenarios.
i like Shinko 705s. whole lotta bang for the buck, with upwards of 7K miles per.

Back