• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member & Sertao Owner

G

Guiderider

Hi Fellow BMW owners!

Just purchased a new Sertao, I love the bike I think?? I have been experiencing issues with the bike starting? It only has 145 miles on the clock. The other day I went for a short ride, stopped for gas, and the bike would crank and not start. It took about 15 minutes of cranking, stopping, and then cranking to finally get the engine to fire. This has happened several times before. The bike would either not start initially then after a few minutes finally fire up or after riding and shut down, would fail to restart? I believe it is a fuel delivery issue or something to do with the ECM. The bike has been in the shop for the past 14 days, no word yet on cause or fix? Any suggestions, comments, ideas? I like the bike for the short time I road it.

Welcome to the forum. I saw a Sertao the other day-nice looking bike. It's too bad you're having right out of the gate trouble. It may so new that a member guess won't be available but who knows. If your post picks up some posts on the trouble, I'll move this to the Thumper section. If you have any questions/problems here on the forum, I can help with that :wave Keep us posted. Good luck. Gary

Guiderider -

Welcome to the forum. Usually the New Member part of the forum is the place for people to tell us a little about themselves and their bikes...how the love affair began! Sounds like yours...not so good... :(

You might want to post your technical question in the Thumper forum a little farther down the board, here:

http://forums.forums.bmwmoa.orgdisplay.php?f=16

...or do what Gary says!!

Back