• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Park-n-Move dolly from Legal Speeding

Hammam

Anybody out there uses or has used the Park-n-Move dolly from Legal Speeding? My garage is quite small, and I will have to put the bike away over winter as far as possible against the wall to leave room for my car. I will not be able to that just by manoeuvering the bike around on engine and foot pedaling. What I want to know is how harder it makes lifting the RT on its centerstand for a mature man of slight built like me (5'7".) I usually don't have any problem doing it almost anywhere on the ground, but the dolly will put the ground more than 1/2" higher. Right now, I use the Turn Table to make my bike turn around 180?? after I ride in, and I can lift the bike on it, albeit with a bit more effort than normal.

Also, does the dolly move around as easily on a rougher surface as is shown on their videos?

Thank you.

I have two of them, one for the GSA and one for the RTP. Quite frankly, I will never be without one for any bike I will ever own that I need to maneuver in tight spaces. These allow me to 180 the bikes in the garage after a ride and to snug them against the wall and the '65 Pontiac with little effort. This allows me to keep a full car lane of my garage open for working on stuff. My 2 and a half car garage floor is not painted, is bare concrete, and is not as smooth as that in the Legal Speeding videos. I generally have to do a lot of pivoting using the front wheel and then swing the rear end around. But it only took me a short time to develop the method that works for me. As I said earlier, I will never be without a PNM for bikes that require storage/movement in tight places. I even used one on the plywood floor of my shed for a while.

Note: I have no affiliation with Legal Speeding other than being a satisfied customer.

I use the P&M for my 1200GS. I have some difficulty getting the bike up on the center stand, but recently read that this task can be eased if the suspension is raised first to its highest position. I need to try that.

I have a cement garage floor. The P&M rolls easily over that, but can get hung up on small defects in the floor. I have also experience trouble getting the bike off the P&M, because the P&M wants to move forward with the bike when I try to get it off the center stand. That was solved by putting a rubber door stop in front of the front wheels of the P&M.

Thanks, gentlemen. Dancogan, if you have ESA, by ?½highest suspension?? I guess you mean to put the rear spring preload on ?½passenger + luggage??? Also, the video on Legal Speeding site tells to leave the casters unlocked when lifting the bike up on the dolly, so that it rolls forward and under the bike, and to lock the casters before pulling it down. Doesn't that help?

Park n Move

I have used mine with a series of bikes, currently a K1200GT - not a light steed.

The PnM creates a higher pivot point for the centre stand - which in my case - and I'm 5'10" and in pretty good shape - makes it very hard to get up onto the stand without the assistance of my son.

To solve this I created a portable wood (3/4 inch plywood and a 1/2 x/1 piece screwed into the end) ramp which I ride the rear tire on which adds perhaps 1.5 inches. Put the bike onto the side stand and then position the PnM correctly and the whole process becomes a lot easier.:lurk

My concrete floor is pitted and not perfectly smooth - as noted move the bike carefully and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
A friend gave me one that he didn't use (as he found it difficult), and to be honest I didn't like it very much. I found it hard to set the bike on the center stand, and maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, but I really didn't find it that easy to roll the bike around my garage. It hung up on very slight imperfections in the floor, and was just sort of a pain in the a$$.

I gave it back, it's actually faster and easier for me to make the 6 point turn to get my bike across the front of the garage than it was to set it up on the dolly and move it cautiously around into the same position. :dunno

A friend gave me one that he didn't use (as he found it difficult), and to be honest I didn't like it very much. I found it hard to set the bike on the center stand, and maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, but I really didn't find it that easy to roll the bike around my garage. It hung up on very slight imperfections in the floor, and was just sort of a pain in the a$$.

I gave it back, it's actually faster and easier for me to make the 6 point turn to get my bike across the front of the garage than it was to set it up on the dolly and move it cautiously around into the same position. :dunno

Oops!

Thanks, gentlemen. Dancogan, if you have ESA, by ?½highest suspension?? I guess you mean to put the rear spring preload on ?½passenger + luggage??? Also, the video on Legal Speeding site tells to leave the casters unlocked when lifting the bike up on the dolly, so that it rolls forward and under the bike, and to lock the casters before pulling it down. Doesn't that help?

Hammam - yes, with ESA I put the rear preload on the highest setting, and also raise the bike for the roughest road (2 different settings). The rubber door stops are only used to get the bike off the P&M, when even with locked casters, it wants to skid across the cement floor.

I like mine!

Floor is concrete, decent, but will be better when I paint it in the spring.

Putting the bike on the centre stand - don't lift the bike, use the lever action of the centre stand and pull back horizontally. This should work.

I do have a piece of 6" baseboard with one tapered edge. Putting the tapered edge at the rear of the back wheel and rolling the bike onto the board raises the rear wheel a bit and this does help too. You only need a foot of board...

And, this is a great product!

I have one and use it in my 12x24ft elevated motorcycle storage "shed"... Plywood floor at this point, and it works as advertised. My bike is a standard height 1200RT and I can easily get it on the Park & Move by myself without the luggage on the bike. With the bags on, I can get it by "preloading" the center stand on the P&M, then by giving the rear of the bike a few bounces, it goes right up.

Interestingly, the 1200RT goes up way easier than my old 650GS did... I still haven't figured that one out. :scratch :dunno

I have been using a PnM for several years with my 08 RT on the plywood floor of my 12x16 shed. It works great and I can ride the bike in, put it on the PnM, spin the bike around and it is facing out, ready to ride out the next time. I did have the wheels start to crack and break, so I contacted the owner and he promptly shipped me 4 new wheels. It does have a lifetime warranty too. After installing the new wheels, it is again like new. Like others have stated, I wouldn't be without one.

I use one for my R1100RS. Without it I wouldn't be able to fit the bike in the garage which holds 2 cars and 2 other bikes. It took me a while to figure out that the center stand has to be positioned in one spot or the bike won't go up on the stand.

I also destroyed 2 of the rubber wheel pieces. I discovered that one of the stands tangs rubs the wheel at some points. I mention this because when I reported the first broken wheel park n move immediately sent me a new one. When the second went and I reported my discovery, the sent me a box of 4. Great service, great company, great product

I've had a Park~N~Move for several years.

I'm an old guy that had a stroke some years back that never recovered full strength and control over my right side. I'm 5'8" and 158 lbs. I have a 28" inseam. AKA - not a big or strong guy that barely touches ground when I'm standing.

The Park~N~Move is a breeze for me to use. Here are some shots of the bike parked in the garage with the car.

http://www.nmpcs.com/Bikes/parkNmove/IMG_0077 (Medium).JPG

http://www.nmpcs.com/Bikes/parkNmove/IMG_0078 (Medium).JPG

Here is a shot of the 'special tools' I use to get the bike on the Park~N~Move. Two pieces of 3/4" wood. One is 24" L X 1 1/2" W. The other is 20" L X 3 1/2" W.

http://www.nmpcs.com/Bikes/parkNmove/IMG_0080 (Medium).JPG

I park the bike on the sidestand, dismount and put it on the centerstand. I place the 'special tools' under the bike [obviously, when the bike is not on the Park~N~Move] as shown here:

http://www.nmpcs.com/Bikes/parkNmove/IMG_0079 (Medium).JPG

I then put the bike back on the sidestand with the long thin wood under it to compensate for the added height the larger piece of wood adds. I slip the Park~N~Move under the bike until its touching the board under the rear wheel. Now I pop the bike back on the centerstand - on the Park~N~Move - now no harder than putting the bike on the centerstand without the Park~N~Move under it. No struggling, no straining required.

Early on - I had wheels that self-destructed. I contacted [Eric I believe] and told him what happened. I found out that they had a batch of bad wheels and he sent me replacements for the two that failed with a promise to send me replacements for all of them when the new ones came in. He did exactly that.

The product is exceptionally well designed and does exactly what the company says it does. More importantly for me is how they stand behind the product if there is a problem.

I can't speak highly enough for the company and this product.

Dumb question here triggered by reading the excellent article in the product reviews section of the latest OM.

Is the 'Park-n-Move' sold by LegalSpeeding the same product as the 'Park-N-Move - 2 inch' sold by Moto-Xpress? I ask because I am in Canada and the LegalSpeeding product is priced at $199 USD with a shipping cost of $94 USD (total $293 USD) whereas the Moto-Xpress Park-n-Move (SKU PK-101-2) is priced at $199 USD on their site and Amazon for $206 USD with shipping cost of $35 USD.

I am suspicious that the latter is quite a different thing (can't really tell from the pictures) because the specified weight is 28 pounds for the LegalSpeeding product and 12 pounds for the Moto-Xpress product.

Last edited:
Dumb question here triggered by reading the excellent article in the product reviews section of the latest OM.

Is the 'Park-n-Move' sold by LegalSpeeding the same product as the 'Park-N-Move - 2 inch' sold by Moto-Xpress? I ask because I am in Canada and the LegalSpeeding product is priced at $199 USD with a shipping cost of $94 USD (total $293 USD) whereas the Moto-Xpress Park-n-Move (SKU PK-101-2) is priced at $199 USD on their site and Amazon for $206 USD with shipping cost of $35 USD.

I am suspicious that the latter is quite a different thing (can't really tell from the pictures) because the specified weight is 28 pounds for the LegalSpeeding product and 12 pounds for the Moto-Xpress product.

The unit I have is quite heavy, more than 12 pounds. Solid.

I have a friend who winters in the US. Cheaper by a lot to ship it to him and not Canada. Do you know someone from your area?

Back