• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Decal on Low Suspension-2009 RT

elgin mary

I recently got a used 2009 RT with low suspension. I noticed that it doesn't have the R1200RT decal on either side of the bike. Is that normal for the low suspension model? Or, were mine removed? I wondered whether it was the German way of refusing to acknowledge giving in to a lower seat height.

Hey Mary,

I've got a 2012 Low Suspension model and it has the decals on both sides of the fairing. Maybe the previous owner removed them? :scratch

or the original panel was replaced...and the sticker was not purchased/installed?

EDIT::doh re-read and saw BOTH decals gone...BF & Bob most likely right

Last edited:
I recently got a used 2009 RT with low suspension. I noticed that it doesn't have the R1200RT decal on either side of the bike. Is that normal for the low suspension model? Or, were mine removed? I wondered whether it was the German way of refusing to acknowledge giving in to a lower seat height.

Hi Mary-
Just curious, did you change from the 07 to 09 specifically for the low suspension or ???. Do you mind much difference between the years, if so what? (I have a 2006)
Thx- Gene

I removed the decals on mine too, I'm a less is more type... :brow

photo3-2.jpg

Low Suspension

Hi Gene, yes the low suspension model was the only reason I traded the 07 for the 09. Other than the 09 having a tire pressure monitory, I haven't noticed any difference between the two years. Of course, the low suspension does not come with stock heated seats. I think they can be added aftermarket but right now I'm not really interested in that. And, the lower seat height makes a huge difference in riding comfort and confidence.

Bought my low suspension '09 RT new. Came with stickers on both sides. Previous owner probably removed them on yours.

Back