• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New BMW iPhone App for Rides

jogitu

Found a new app yesterday or actually was alerted to a new app yesterday from A BMW email. This app allows you to look at a map and find ride suggestions on the map. You can also create ride suggestions. In my neck of the woods the M22, Tunnel of Trees, Red Arrow and Blue Star are listed so this app is off to a good reputable start. The app is not aimed at Motorrad strangely enough but it works and it seems the contributors are actually riders and not drivers. Another example of misplaced marketing. What the hay I like the app as it is functional and easier to carry on the road. Perhaps if a few more of us use it we can make it even better.

Search "The Ultimate Drive" in the app store. It is free.

There appears to be an Android version too. I haven't tried it. I wonder if the route info is the same for both versions?

Looks like the routes are all entered by participants, so you'd think they'd be the same on either platform...but maybe not.

This is an awesome resource! If each member loaded a single ride we could create something very special.:bikes

This looks identical to an older app called "Greatest Road" by the same company which focused on motorcycle roads. Think you'll find a lot of good rides in there.

Greatest Road used to be a paid app. It's now free.

I have really enjoyed it. The greatest asset is that users input their own roads. And it's not hard to do so.

The searching function works reasonably well. A little slow when there are a lot of choices, but you can tailor the area to search to your needs easily. It uses the Google Maps interface.

You can also email from the app to yourself or others to share a ride plan and they may open it either on their device using the app or on their home computer to view in Google Maps.

My rating: :thumb :thumb

Back