• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K bike coolant hoses

T

TMA

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the coolant hoses on my 1986 K75T. Is there a maintenance schedule for changing these hoses? Thanks in advance for any input/advice you offer.

T

TMA said:
Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the coolant hoses on my 1986 K75T. Is there a maintenance schedule for changing these hoses? Thanks in advance for any input/advice you offer.

T

Not too hard a call if you've never done it - you're looking at 18 year old hoses. Might be time to do them - just so you feel easy about them when riding some distance.

As far as a schedule - I've never heard of any. Probably because use and time and enviroment all have an effect on the hoses.

Lots easier to do at home than on the road..

BTW - what's "T" stand for?

Last edited:
Oohh, I know the answer to that one. When the Ks were first introduced, there was a variant with higher bars and a big ol' fork mounted windshield. They were the "T" series.

KBasa said:
Oohh, I know the answer to that one. When the Ks were first introduced, there was a variant with higher bars and a big ol' fork mounted windshield. They were the "T" series.

Ding Ding Ding

We have a winnuh

Isn't Paul Glave's bike originally a K75T? (before he transformed it into the thing we know and love today) They were made in '86 and '87 if my memory is working...

knary said:
Ding Ding Ding

We have a winnuh

Isn't Paul Glave's bike originally a K75T? (before he transformed it into the thing we know and love today) They were made in '86 and '87 if my memory is working...

Wadda buncha moooroons..

Back