• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

R1100S Seats?

R

Roostn

Has anyone had a custom seat made for their S or have purchased a saddle from one of the various saddle makers? I really dig my S but I can't stand the stock seat. I actually would like anther inch in height and plusher foam. I have had bad luck with my last 2 Corbins and Sergent does not have their new saddle out yet.

If you have had a custom seat fabricated, let me know who did it and what you had them do and of course the ride report on how it works for you. Phone numbers would be great if you recommend the shop.

If you own a Corbin, let me know the style, material, and characteristics you like about it. My last 2 Corbins were freaking hard as rocks and I couldnÔÇÖt stand them. One was for a CBR900RR and the other is for a 900SS Ducati.

Thanks for any input you can dish out!

Top Fueler

I've got a Corbin and to call it hard as a plank would be generous. The guys at Rocky Mayer have done a few S seats and I saw a picture of one over on the Pelican Parts R1100S board.

My Corbin looks nice, but my understanding is that the Sargent seat is just about ready.

124327-M.jpg

Dave

R1100S Seat

I don't have an S but I saw an S with a Wunderlich seat. The owner said it was great. I had just bought a Sargent seat for my R. If I had not I would have purchased a Wunderlich at TWICE the cost. As I understand it Wunderlich makes a seat on the actual BMW OEM seat pan. The only company that does without destroying an OEM seat to do it. I believe the USA importer is Santa Cruz BMW. Good luck.

MarkF

I have my R1100sa set up with new Sargent seat,.....it is fantastic!!!!! already logging the miles on it and it is way comfy!!!:bliss :jester

Attachments

• sargent 2.jpg
    sargent 2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,914
Back