• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"Why We Ride" the movie

rangerreece

RangerReece
Soooo,
Rhonda and I finally found, the movie, "Why We Ride" on amazon, so we watched it last night. The theme, editing, and photography were excellent, however, there definitely seemed to be a brand bias. Harley Davidson, Indian, and Honda, were featured prominently throughout the documentary. Other brands were shown in a muted manner. Valerie Thompson was interviewed briefly with a few seconds of her bonneville run, no close up of the bike or even a mention the brand and model of her bike, unlike others interviewed. Several times one could see a brand other than the three mentioned, but only briefly, and often in a riding away slow motion scenery shot. If I were to guess I would say, only 2 maybe 3 minutes of BMW footage. I also found it curious that one could mention European moto GP, or European racing period and not mention the isle of man TT. I know the Daytona 200 is a big race, but I doubt it's considered the ultimate motorcycle race in the world as the documentary would lead us to believe.
I enjoyed the history, the interviews, and the high speed slow motion photography. Would love to see something like that strictly for beemers.

Last edited:
I saw the movie at the local BMW dealer.

I thought the movie was pretty good, but one thing I noticed was that it pretty much ignored the subject of touring on motorcycles.

Harry

I have yet to see it.

I have learnt that sometimes the title is more a marketing instrument, and less an actual good description.

So, when I do see the movie I will be evaluating if the movie is in fact "Why We Ride", or if it is more:
- why I want to be associated with motorcycle
- why I own a motorcycle
- why I want to be a biker

Back