• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Good Dealer Experience - Carolina Euro, Greensboro, NC

rfisher

My wife Susi and I were beatin' it down the interstate from Richmond, VA to Asheville, NC last Friday when the ABS lights started flashing on her R1150R. We pulled off at the next exit, did a little looking, and could find no obvious problem. I called our home dealer, Morton's BMW, and they said it could be the power assist ABS pump, or the pump could be low on fluid. This sort of made sense since I went cheap on the last service and had it done at an independent, and I am now not sure they properly serviced the hydraulics. I rode it around the parking lot a couple of times, no flashing lights, and the brakes worked fine. We were still not comfortable, especially since we were headed for the hills. The Anonymous Book showed Carolina Euro a few miles down the road, so we called them, and they said bring it on over. Long story short, they replaced the battery, put rear brake pads on it, and did a full flush on the brake hydraulics. So far so good, we finished up our long weekend trip to Asheville with no further problems.

Big thanks to the folks at Carolina Euro. They took us right in, and got us back on the road in less than 3 hours. We made Asheville in time for happy hour, and the R performed flawlessly on both twisties and interstate. They saved our long weekend, even though it cost a bit more than we expected it to.

Roy F

right on. I was in that area myself this past weekend. Where all did you ride?

We did not do a whole lot of riding once we got to Asheville. We hung around downtown Asheville until Sunday morning, and then fought the fog and leaf peepers up the Blue Ridge Parkway north until Boone, then took some backroads to the northwest, then back around to the Parkway. We stopped at Bluff's Lodge at Doughton Park on the Parkway for the night. Monday we rode farther north on the Parkway, then made our way over to some big roads, and went home to Richmond.

Roy F

Back