• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member in State College, PA

B

bharvey60

Hi all. I'm Bill Harvey and I recently purchased a very nice 98 R1100RT w/14,500 miles. I also own an 05 Harley XL1200, which I purchased three years ago when I decided to get back into street riding.

This is my first BMW and after one week, I'm loving life. I feel fortunate to now have two bikes that provide great, if quite different, riding experiences. I'll be acquiring a 70's Honda CB 750 shortly, which will be my first restoration project.

Outside of riding, I work at Penn State and am married to a wonderful woman who understands my need for toys and tolerates my numerous shortcomings. Two super kids age 12 and 14.

I've learned quite a bit already from the BMWMOA forum and greatly appreciate the assistance other members have provided.

Attachments

• BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Welcome Bill great to have you here! You have two great bikes there indeed. I hope you will consider some touring on that RT as it is certainly well suited for that. And man you have a great area to ride in as well! Stay tuned here for all kinds of things coming from the MOA not the least of which is the rally next year in Bloomsburg, PA.

Again welcome, ride safe and have fun!

Just a hop-skip-jump from Bloomsburg, next year's National Rally. See you there...

And restoring a CB750...ooooh....my first bike. Sounds like fun!!

Welcome aboard!

I bought a Suzuki Water Buffalo instead of the CB750 for the dual front brakes...

Is it the "gold" metalflake one?

Welcome. My son is a freshman at PSU. I've been up there a few times this summer and fall but always on 4 wheels as I'm usually hauling stuff back and forth. I'd like to 2 wheel it one of these times since there are some very nice roads between here and there.

I get up that way a lot (even though my oldest graduated last spring and is now woefully under-employed). I plan to cut through Bellefonte, go to St. Mary's, and pick up 120 back to Lock Haven this Saturday.

I love the State College BMW shop.

I haven't been since just before my daughter's graduation last May, but it was hopping then. The Ducati Multistrada had just been released, and they had them. They also carry Triumph. Those are my three favorite marques.

BMW Shop in State College

Kissell BMWW moved to North Atherton Street near Ottos Pub. PSU bought the
other location, which will be converted into a golf training facility. Any members heading this way let me know. I'll be happy to show you some good roads.

Not sure what the color of the CB 750 is. A friend has it covered in his garage for 5 years and I haven't seen it. He is moving and his wife won't let him take it, so he is giving it to me. Should be a good winter project.

Welcome!!!

You've found a great machine to carve those twisty roads up there. We look forward to hearing of your new adventures.

Terrence, we occasionally make the ice cream pilgrimage to Happy Valley. (Matt is a PSU grad.) Perhaps we can pick a date and go for a ride.

Welcome!!!

You've found a great machine to carve those twisty roads up there. We look forward to hearing of your new adventures.

Terrence, we occasionally make the ice cream pilgrimage to Happy Valley. (Matt is a PSU grad.) Perhaps we can pick a date and go for a ride.

I DO like the Creamery at PSU.:whistle

I didn't think anyone in Pennsylvania could fit in a medium shirt. I always figured it was prohibited by the state constitution.

Creamery is definitely worth a notch or two on the old belt buckle. I'm in the process of dropping some weight and just driving by the place every morning adds about five pounds. I'm drooling on my keyboard just thinking about Peachy Paterno (ice cream, not Joe)...

Give me a holler if/when you plan a ride up.

Welcome, I'm originally from that neck of the woods, Beautiful scenery. I too suffer from MBS. If you are ever in this area, I can show you some nice roads

Back