• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Advice on Aux LED Turn Signal Lights, Under Side View Mirrors - R1200RT

jsoque

I would like to purchase some auxiliary turn signal lights in an Amber tint, and mount them
to the most visible part of my 2010 R1200RT.

This location happens to be the underside, or outside of my OEM mirrors.

Has anyone done any research on a good brand to buy, or has electrical knowledge of this kind of accessory?

I'm a simple thinker, if minimal amp drain, then one wire to positive turn signal, and the other to the ground. When the front turn
signals are engaged, these should be visible underneath my elbows to any oncoming REAR traffic.

There are a few on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...ary-/121378049191?hash=item1c42b20ca7&vxp=mtr

Hudson Lights.jpg

Thanks All - & Have a Safe Ride to Billings MT!

Try "Skene designs"

I'm using a combination of the Amber CanBus signal bulbs from dynamicmotorad.com and the Skenedesigns.com signal and running light controller. The lenses under my mirrors are clear, so the Skene controller turns the turn signals into full time running/turns with the Skene attention getting shimmer. I matched these up with the Amber Skene fork mounted Photon Blaster LED's for a triangle. I also use the red Skene running/brake lights.

I have no affiliation with Skene or Dynamic Motorad other than being a VERY satisfied customer of both.

I'm using a combination of the Amber CanBus signal bulbs from dynamicmotorad.com and the Skenedesigns.com signal and running light controller. The lenses under my mirrors are clear, so the Skene controller turns the turn signals into full time running/turns with the Skene attention getting shimmer. I matched these up with the Amber Skene fork mounted Photon Blaster LED's for a triangle. I also use the red Skene running/brake lights.

I have no affiliation with Skene or Dynamic Motorad other than being a VERY satisfied customer of both.

+1 on the Dynamic Motorad LED turn signal bulbs and Skeen P3 Photo Blasters (front and rear)....great products that create even better visibility...

wyman

jsoque - I did precisely what you describe using amber LED modules I obtained from SuperBright LED. These modules come with screw mounts, so I had to cut off the ears and dress up the sides a bit with a file. I tied them directly into the turn signal bulb wires on each side with Positaps and mounted them to the underside of my side mirrors with self-adhesive Velcro. They've worked just great for 6-1/2 years and 75K miles. An added advantage that I found is that when I turn my head to check the lane my view passes over these and I see them, confirming that my turn signal is on.

Looks like those LEDs you saw on EBay may work just fine. They draw milliamps and do not interfere with the computer oversight of that circuit at all.

JayJay

Back