• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Jesse Cases: any reason not to lower the pipe?

Bobonli

I'm getting ready to purchase a set of Jesse cases for my new 1200GS. It there any disadvantage to lowering the exhaust to accommodate the larger size left case? Will lowering impact off-road performance, driving through big puddles etc?

I guess a companion question is: Does the bike look silly with the lowered pipe and the cases off?

I expect to have the cases on about 50% of the time (off for routine commuting), and hope to get into some off-road stuff this spring. Don't want to make a hasty and wrong decision about lowering the exhaust.

BTW, In case you didn't hear, Jesse is now selling only direct to customer. No more single USA distributor.

Your choice;

I lowered my pipe on my GSA1200 and leave the bags on all the time. I like the bigger capacity left bag for my reasons, travel a lot, need the space. Looks? I have no issue and do ride OFFROAD a lot, even rough offroad and the lower pipe is never in harms way. Its not low low anyhow, like a street bike pipe. I did mine new, 4 years ago with Jesse's, lower pipe thing. My 6th set of Jesse's:), love'em Randy:thumb

lower exhaust

Mine is lowered, and no problems. But, to remove the rear tire, I put a piece of plywood under the centerstand in order to get the bike high enough to remove the tire. Instead of 'unbolting the muffler and swinging it out of the way, I just remove the mudguard.

IMHO, the bike looks better with the muffler lowered. Just a matter of personal taste.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. Now I just have to make contact with them to order it.

Has anyone been to the plant/shop in Az?

Back