• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Kid gear

S

SCDorman

Does anyone have any recommendations for youth-sized riding gear? I'm looking for something for my 8-yr-old son so we can safely go 2-up, and all I can find are a couple cheap police-style leather jackets. Thanks.

Steve

Have you looked at some dirt bike equipment? He may look like some kind of Japanese anime warrior from the future on a street bike, but it'd be better than nothing. Also I recall seeing some ads in the British bike mags for kids riding gear that looked like the real deal. I'm sorry I can't think of any brands off the top of my head.

Thanks Garth. He'd actually LOVE to look like an anime character...

YB in IN said:
Here's another site, this one I found off of flash412's personal website.
http://www.familymotorcycling.com/textile_gear_details.htm

Yup, it took her two years to clear the import hurdles, but she imports the baby biker gear.

My son has a Baby Biker Textile suit. Dry all day on a 350 mile trip back from Finger Lakes last year. Biggest complaint is no venting, but this doesn't seem to bother the kids as much as us old farts.

Nice lady, prices seem reasonable, no affiliation outside of wanting to properly protect the kids.

Back