• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Accident near Bedford, Virginia

bluehole

Driving home from Salem with my wife. About 1:00 PM traffic slows on Rt 460 eastbound just east of Bedford, Virginia. Police guide traffic into one lane. The presence of an ambulance and rescue personnel suggest an accident ahead. As I pass the point of impact I glance over and see what appears to be a 2004 GS on its side. The rider (with full gear on) is on a stretcher.

Difficult to be certain what happened, but it appears the GS rider was in the left lane waiting to turn into a Lowe's. I assume a vehicle hit him from behind. The GS itself did not appear crumpled so I am hopeful it was a low speed impact.

Not asking anyone who might know this rider to mention him here, publicly, without his permission. Simply let him know he is being prayed for. I hope he is not badly injured and that he recovers quickly. Thanks.

P.S. Mods-I was not sure where to post this...or even to post it at all. I understand if you need to move or remove it.

Hope this rider has gotten off with no serious injury. Sounds like a pretty typical rear end hit from your description- we've had a couple in our local club that resulted merely in bent bikes so hope this is the same.

One thing I've noted following other BMW riders on the GS- its tailight is weak and wimpy in sunlight compared to other models. Given the level of inattention of many of today's cagers, I don't think its adequate..supplementing with one of the many available options is proably a good idea for folks who ride in traffic..

Back