• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ABS Brakes

T

tom9615

I have a 2003 K1200 LT with ABS Brakes. My problem is I get a continuos flashing warning light next to the ABS light sometimes when I first start the bike. Other times the ABS light flashes like it is suppose to and then goes out. Anybody with any idea's of how to fix, could sure use your help. Closest BMW Dealer 4 hours away.

Thanks for any and all suggestions

Tom Porath:banghead

Tom,

1st- how old is your battery?

2nd- have you recently let the bike sit for a while without plugging into a charger?

Many times brick ABS problems are caused by low battery voltage. I have had it happen intermittantly on my K1100RS- the ancestor to your LT- especially during colder weather when starting is harder on the battery and grip heaters &/or heated gear draws more on the electrical system.

Good luck,
John

Yes, ABS relies on electric motors to function.

Since ABS is a safety system, it's a safety warning to let you know system voltage may not be enough to operate the system.

Thanks for the information. Checked battery found ground cable slightly corroded and the positive cable loose. Cleaned and tightened and the flashing light went away.

Thanks again for the info

Tom Porath:clap

Back